Delightful Delirious?
Haha...was so excited that my my hands were shaking while taking this pic. Stu G, doing his thing on the electric guitar. Superb skills!
With cool shades, Jon Thatcher played with confidence, setting the tempo with the drummer, Stew Smith (whom I didn't manage to snap a picture of because he was too faraway. Also, keyboardist Tim Jupp is missing from my pics). (If you look properly, you can see Scott Wong in the background, as the cameraman)
Martin Smith, lead vocalist. Absolutely humble in spirit, he serenaded us with his clear voice and lead us all into a time of intense praise & worship.
Hmm...in the quest of becoming an adult, I had sincerely forgotten how much I loved the band. I remember most my teenage years was spent buying albums that contained their songs. What I love so much about them is that you get the feeling that their music is not for themselves and neither is it for the fans. They give total glory unto the Composer of the Universe.
One thing I really have to commend the band was the excellent choice and order of songs. In that entire 90 minutes, I cannot recall for a second, a feeling of boredom. No song was too draggy or too "emo". It was just right. It was just nice. =)
They introduced a couple of new songs but being very considerate to Malaysians who have yet to get a hold of the latest album, they kept the new ones to a minimum. However, I liked the funky feel of some of them. Very upbeat and yet, full of substance. Don't you just love songs that have meaning?
Older songs like Open Up the Gates, Historymaker, I Could Sing of Your Love Forever, Majesty, Obsession, Deeper and many others really struck a nostalgic chord in my heart. I remember the seasons where I used those songs to help me express my heartfelt cries and devotion to God. I remember growing in faith and trust, with these tunes. Ahh...it was so sentimental that I teared a few times. Haha...
My only complain was that the concert was way too short. It really should have been longer. However, I suppose I should be more understanding as the band had to leave for Singapore the next morning at 5am. So they had to be careful to conserve their energy as well.
On top of all the wonderful birthday gifts that I received this year, this has got to be one of the most special ones. I really didn't expect to be given concert tickets. And they taught me one thing, when you give, you should give to the best of what you can afford. They got me the best tickets, without second thoughts, I'm sure. I just really want to thank Becky and her mum, for blessing me with the opportunity to witness one of my favourite bands live!
For those interested, visit Delirious?'s homepage for more information.


Post a Comment