« Home | A night at The Happles » | The two humble servants of The Happles » | Promised Pictures » | Port Dickson CG Outing #2 » | Happles & HouGeng CG Outing to PD #1 » | Nick & the love birds, Qian and Chiam. » | Yee Mun & I, after a full banana leaf meal at Nir... » | Promised Pictures » | Procrastination in Progress » | A Monday Adventure »

On High

Today as I was worshipping, it suddenly dawned on me. I realized that I was where I was meant to be. All these years of serving in YC, I sometimes felt as if I was left behind. Almost 90% of my peers had somehow moved on to a different country or just moved on to a different ministry. Every time a friend asked me, "So you're still in the same place lah (YC)?" And I'd proudly answer, "Yes!"

But somehow I can't help but feel old sometimes. After all, this is my 8th year. It won't be long before it'll be a decade. I started out as a teen and now that I'm no longer a teen, I'm still serving there. But you know what? I have absolutely no regrets. More that anything, I believe that I've received so much from everyone and the best part is just knowing that I'm surrounded by young people who are so passionate and desperate for a living God. I'm constantly surrounded by young people who are so thirsty for the truth and for a glimpse of this Almighty God.

As I was out there lifting my hands, I felt an overwhelming sense of unity in my heart, knowing that this is where I belong. Initially, I was disappointed when I discovered that I wasn't going to US anymore, but now that I know that I'm being placed at the very place that He meant for me to be, my heart is finally at peace. The resounding voices of 500+ young people worshipping along together with me this morning just melted a part of me inside. It then hit me - we need You so much, God. And we want to see so much more of what is to come in YC. We want You to outdo our expectations. We want to see You blow our simple minds away by Your awesome power.

I have absolutely no regrets that I've been here for ages and I couldn't be more excited about what is to come and as long as I'm placed here, I'm going to cherish the freshness and zeal that these people exude everytime I step into the place.

I love Youth Church!

Even better, I love the God of YC!

-------------------------------------------------------

On a lighter note...

Today I stopped breathing for 2 seconds. Coz from a distance, I saw a real hunky guy, not in a gym, not in college, but in our very own YC! Sorry fellas, you know it's true. =P

Anyway, it was quite funny how so many girls were casting secret glances in his direction. If looks could kill, I'd say today's encounter with this hunk would be the closest to it. Me being the shy person that I am (honestly, I am...especially when it comes to meeting new guys), was so kindly dragged by a youthful lady pastor to meet him, (all because I mentioned to her that there was a hottie in our vicinity!).

I'm glad I got to shake his hand. Unfortunately, I discovered that his demeanour was as cold as ice. Maybe he was too cool for me. Or maybe he was too hot for me. I know it's unfair for me to make such a statement as it was just a first impression but too bad he blew it. Hmph. The friend who brought him was so much warmer as a person. I'd definitely prefer to converse with his beloved friend. =)


But as an older girl (as referred to by some of my CG guys), I can vouch that ultimately, we females always look for a guy with great character. If a guy has brains and good looks but with hardly any character to account for, he would rank very low on our list of potentials. And I believe it is so for many males, vice-versa right? =)

So, if Mr.Hunk wants to get my attention (or that of other girls) next time, he definitely has to flash a huge, warm smile and at least attempt a decent conversation.

Anyhow, today was certainly a treat for most of the pure and lovely maidens of YC. Even Bel was interested. That's a first for that babe. Definitely a sight for sore eyes. Nyek nyek nyek...

Cool :) On a related note, I still want to persist in calling myself a girl but I guess it's not wholly appropriate, is it? I was going to follow that with something until I realized it would be the title of a Britney Spears song. *shudder* In essence, "I will follow You, wherever You may go"? :D I try to do that; now, if only med wasn't so boring.
-Becky

Oops, didn't mean to sound ungrateful btw, just stating facts (count yourself blessed). :P And yeah, I guess there are worse courses out there.
-Becky

ahHAHAA.... i saw it all!!...ahAH.. Hey u knoe rite he is the guy from the star news paper.. the one that got offered to stamford, harvard, oxford... wat ord la! oso got...travelling n duno climb wat mountain.. So popular alredi.. thats y la so arrogant*!

amen to that previous post on serving in yc!! yc!!!!! woohoo...hehehehee

haha..i know..sooo many girls were staring at him!

so who is he??? vital stats, thanks.

i'm only interested in bel being interested.... i wanna know!!!

*GRiiiN*

ah noelle!!
no wonder he looked so familiar!!!

now that's really a WOWWWWWWWWWWWW


lil

His name is Timothy something right? He needs a weakness right?

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Serena
  • From Malaysia
  • Currently Reading The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer, The World is Flat by Thomas Friedman, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
My profile

Links