Monologue
You know what is one of the best feelings in the world?
The sheer satisfaction of having cleaned your pigsty of a room.
I haven't gotten that feeling in a long time because today of all days, I decided to clean up my room a bit. Yay, so now I can finally invite friends over. Hehehe...
I wonder if God feels the same way whenever He does a spring clean in my heart. There's just too much stuff to clear out that you wonder if you could ever clean up enough.
After clearing out bags and bags of old stuff, I just realized what a shopaholic I am. Terrible terrible. This cannot go on. I think I need to go on a shopping fast. People always have the wrong notion that in order to be a shopaholic, one needs to be rich. I am a testimony of the opposite. Actually, I don't think that I buy a lot of stuff, just that I am a keep-a-holic as well as a receive-a-holic. I tend to keep all sorts of stuff right from when I was a kid till today. As for receiving, over the years, I've received lotsa hand-me-downs from brothers, relatives, as well as brand new gifts from kind and dear friends. In addition to that, I am a recycle-holic where I tend to also hoard any sort of stuff that can be kept in the hopes of recycling them one fine day (which of course, some of these stuff, till kingdom come only will I ever recycle them). Hmm...if ever there was a competition for "most rubbish owned", I'd be guaranteed to emerge as champion, without a doubt.
It was in horror, when I was folding all the plastic bags, that I realized how many times I've visited a particular departmental store or hypermarket. The amount could probably enable me to open my own chain of a departmental store just from recycled plastic bags. Of course, I often do grocery shopping as well as toiletries shopping for the family, however that is no justification for the horrendous mountain of paper bags that I've accumulated in my room itself. This is it. I think I shall go on a shopping fast. I need to. I am aghast at how materialistic I've become, always wanting more and often appreciating less. No more shopping as a form of retail therapy. For the next month, I shall attempt to only shop for necessities or birthday presents for people. Other than that, I shall, I will and I must stop this obsessive behaviour of mine.
Serena, you can do it!
The sheer satisfaction of having cleaned your pigsty of a room.
I haven't gotten that feeling in a long time because today of all days, I decided to clean up my room a bit. Yay, so now I can finally invite friends over. Hehehe...
I wonder if God feels the same way whenever He does a spring clean in my heart. There's just too much stuff to clear out that you wonder if you could ever clean up enough.
After clearing out bags and bags of old stuff, I just realized what a shopaholic I am. Terrible terrible. This cannot go on. I think I need to go on a shopping fast. People always have the wrong notion that in order to be a shopaholic, one needs to be rich. I am a testimony of the opposite. Actually, I don't think that I buy a lot of stuff, just that I am a keep-a-holic as well as a receive-a-holic. I tend to keep all sorts of stuff right from when I was a kid till today. As for receiving, over the years, I've received lotsa hand-me-downs from brothers, relatives, as well as brand new gifts from kind and dear friends. In addition to that, I am a recycle-holic where I tend to also hoard any sort of stuff that can be kept in the hopes of recycling them one fine day (which of course, some of these stuff, till kingdom come only will I ever recycle them). Hmm...if ever there was a competition for "most rubbish owned", I'd be guaranteed to emerge as champion, without a doubt.
It was in horror, when I was folding all the plastic bags, that I realized how many times I've visited a particular departmental store or hypermarket. The amount could probably enable me to open my own chain of a departmental store just from recycled plastic bags. Of course, I often do grocery shopping as well as toiletries shopping for the family, however that is no justification for the horrendous mountain of paper bags that I've accumulated in my room itself. This is it. I think I shall go on a shopping fast. I need to. I am aghast at how materialistic I've become, always wanting more and often appreciating less. No more shopping as a form of retail therapy. For the next month, I shall attempt to only shop for necessities or birthday presents for people. Other than that, I shall, I will and I must stop this obsessive behaviour of mine.
Serena, you can do it!

So you're gonna invite me into your room *insert smiley of choice*
And i challenge you for the "most rubbish owned" award. Until i confirmed leaving this place forever, i kept a broken CD burner (physically broken) about 20 kilos of papers, including past assignments and letters to participants. And countless shopping vouchers... all expired. There's more, but lets see you beat THAT first!
Posted by
Anonymous |
2:05 AM
haha...i have this personal thing about letting boys visit my room, even if it's just for a few seconds. So i have a better suggestion: let me send you pics instead. =P
oh trust me I'm quite sure I can beat you flat...i still own sets of children's encyclopaedia and whatever stuff from the dinosaur age!
Posted by
Serena |
8:43 AM
I had those, but my nieces and nephews stole them.
I'm not a boy. I'm a man ;).
Posted by
Anonymous |
1:16 AM
ok, young man.
Posted by
Serena |
8:34 PM
Post a Comment