« Home | Wednesday in Writing » | One for the album » | Change » | 100 Things About Me »

Saving Grace

I just checked my results this morning. I could not believe my eyes when I saw what I got for both Substance Abuse and Sociology. After nearly flunking my finals for the former, I could have believed that I pulled my grade down because of that. You see, I left one short essay question blank, and spent tembaking about 50% of the MCQ questions. There are two kinds of tembaking: one type is tembaking with using some common sense and logic and the second type is tembaking with all the blurness in the world. I happen to be a tembaker in the latter category. (honest!) Besides, how can you tembak for subjects where everything is in drug names and chemical properties? Yucks! I truly suffered during that paper.

And so when I scrolled down the screen to look at my grade, I didn't expect much. I managed to be so nonchalant about the whole thing. But by His grace, I somehow got way better than I ever expected; in fact, the grades were the best I've ever gotten since I studied in HELP!

I am truly grateful for His hand upon the whole thing. No, this time, I didn't have to pray that the lecturer was drunk when he marked my papers. In fact, this time I remembered simply thinking, 'Aiya, seems so impossible la, but I'll leave it to You, God.'

That's it. No mega prayers. Why? 'Coz honestly, I was lacking in faith. This is just another incident to remind me that everything is indeed in His hands. There's nothing too impossible for Him. Counting my marks right up till the finals, I would've had to score 110/100 in order to get the grade I got. That's how impossible it was. Seriously.

More than anything, this is a lesson for me. Beyond all that I can do and beyond all my best efforts, at the end of the day, it is Him who is in control of ALL things. A real lesson on trust, I should say.

Laura & Val, especially, thanks for supporting me all the way through it all. I know a lot of you also prayed for me and I couldn't be more grateful for the prayers that were uttered on my behalf, when my heart was so faraway from God and silent before Him.

In case you're wondering, I miraculously got As for the two papers (only two subjects in the Summer sem, for those who're wondering). Trust me, I've not gotten As since my first sem. That's why I can easily say this time, I know Who deserves the credit.

THANK YOU, Lord!

I am so proud of you dear!

-laura-

Congrats!

xx Elena

Thanks!

Elena, i forgot you HELP ppl read this blog too. Malunya (meaning: embarrassing, in case your BM is quite the hopeless)... hehe.

Hey! My BM is not thaaaaat bad :P hehe ;) see you Monday!

xx

All glory to God..He gets more glory through this..Congrats again!

-val-

congrats girl!

Congrats :)
Becky

yo, lol, jst got ur reply on the comment bout thursday nite. seems bit too late...lol... k, will call u lar. hopefully ur classes not starting yet.=) nyway, congrats... i think u got quite good grades for ur results even tho u didn say wat u got... which cos me to be in a blur.=) nyway take care

Haha, Becky, somehow I feel bad about making life so difficult for you to have to come over here instead of easily commenting at Xanga. Oh well, maybe I can influence you to eventually make the shift? *grin*

Mich!!! Good to hear from you even though it's only a word. Ahem. Hehe.

Val, thanks for the fun time and the additional inch to my waistline now. =P Love u! MUAks!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Serena
  • From Malaysia
  • Currently Reading The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer, The World is Flat by Thomas Friedman, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
My profile

Links