Super Saturday
Ahh...for one of the very few Saturday mornings in my life, I am sitting at home, listening to Spanish jazz while I type. Heavenly!
Btw, John (I know it's you because you told me the same thing before), I shall try to drink that 2 cups of warm water first thing in the morning in order to get that chiseled look. Albeit, I was very close to throwing up yesterday because of the overdose of H2O first thing in the morning. It'll take some getting used to la. Whether that had an effect on my cheekbones standing out more during the day, that I can't tell though. Oh well, no harm trying anyway. =)
CG last night was so fun. We had a discussion about understanding guys better. Although I must say that I'm not too certain whether I really understood guys better at the end of the session. What I obtained though was a better understanding that guys do love us girls very very much and no matter they say about us (about us being emo, super sensitive and yes, difficult), they still love us. After all, we've always been ever so accommodating about your egoistic endeavors. Ahem. Right, fellas? =)
Plus, I think I was hit with the inspiration of a new research idea in the future. See la, if I'm still up to it, I might just do a research on this one day. But one major question asked was, "Why is there so little chivalry nowadays?" In short, "Why are there so few gentlemen around these days?" By that last sentence itself, I can already imagine many guys friends retaliating to this post and giving their 2 cents' worth. So, please do. =)
Generally, it's been a good week. Why? Because I've been more physically active than the last 4 weeks combined. And Rach Chan can attest to this. My my, endorphins are really the happy drug. Ahhh... *sigh of contentment*
Yesterday a few of us were praying before CF and someone said something that just struck me that time really is a gift from God. I mean, I knew that stuff. But whether I knew it knew it and lived it out was another thing. I've always had difficulty saying no to lots of people all these while. Thus, I always end up juggling more things than I can really manage.
Looking ahead, this sem will probably be crazier than ever since my tuition classes have increased and I've got more commitments than ever. If you ask me to count the hours, I really don't see how that's possible. And I can't simply drop things in my life because many of the commitments are things that I have to keep and others, things and relationships that I want to keep. And so this is where I just throw my hands up in the air and say, "God, I really don't know how it's going to work. Please help me use my time wisely. Make everything fall into place..."
Well, 'nough said. I'm getting off the computer to do some other important things on a Saturday morn'!
Saturday smiles for everyone.....
MUAKS!
Btw, John (I know it's you because you told me the same thing before), I shall try to drink that 2 cups of warm water first thing in the morning in order to get that chiseled look. Albeit, I was very close to throwing up yesterday because of the overdose of H2O first thing in the morning. It'll take some getting used to la. Whether that had an effect on my cheekbones standing out more during the day, that I can't tell though. Oh well, no harm trying anyway. =)
CG last night was so fun. We had a discussion about understanding guys better. Although I must say that I'm not too certain whether I really understood guys better at the end of the session. What I obtained though was a better understanding that guys do love us girls very very much and no matter they say about us (about us being emo, super sensitive and yes, difficult), they still love us. After all, we've always been ever so accommodating about your egoistic endeavors. Ahem. Right, fellas? =)
Plus, I think I was hit with the inspiration of a new research idea in the future. See la, if I'm still up to it, I might just do a research on this one day. But one major question asked was, "Why is there so little chivalry nowadays?" In short, "Why are there so few gentlemen around these days?" By that last sentence itself, I can already imagine many guys friends retaliating to this post and giving their 2 cents' worth. So, please do. =)
Generally, it's been a good week. Why? Because I've been more physically active than the last 4 weeks combined. And Rach Chan can attest to this. My my, endorphins are really the happy drug. Ahhh... *sigh of contentment*
Yesterday a few of us were praying before CF and someone said something that just struck me that time really is a gift from God. I mean, I knew that stuff. But whether I knew it knew it and lived it out was another thing. I've always had difficulty saying no to lots of people all these while. Thus, I always end up juggling more things than I can really manage.
Looking ahead, this sem will probably be crazier than ever since my tuition classes have increased and I've got more commitments than ever. If you ask me to count the hours, I really don't see how that's possible. And I can't simply drop things in my life because many of the commitments are things that I have to keep and others, things and relationships that I want to keep. And so this is where I just throw my hands up in the air and say, "God, I really don't know how it's going to work. Please help me use my time wisely. Make everything fall into place..."
Well, 'nough said. I'm getting off the computer to do some other important things on a Saturday morn'!
Saturday smiles for everyone.....
MUAKS!

operant conditioning... Chivalry is something our culture does not understand. Therefore we fear it, and when people try to be nice, the receiver often thinks there's an ulterior motive. Sad really.
Posted by
Anonymous |
2:25 PM
A gentleman who claims that he is a gentleman is not a gentleman, because he has the audacity to claim as such.
The gentleman is never obvious at once, for he is humble, and meek, and tries not to be showy.
Chivalry...is not about being nice, if you look at the 3 laws that defines it. In the ancient days, Chivalry ==
1) A knight first swore supreme allegiance to God, becoming a special defender of the Christian faith.
2) Second, he affirmed his loyalty to his liege lord (king and/or country), promising to uphold the laws of the realm and to bring honor to himself and his liege lord through courage and fair play in battle.
3) Third, he vowed to protect the weak and helpless -- widows, orphans, serfs, and all ladies in distress.
So yes, Chivalry is muchly misunderstood. But that does not hinder us from adhering to it. In this context and definition, the father of Chivalry is Christian Values.
If so, are not the true worshippers chivalrous as well? Something to ponder about...
Posted by
me |
2:39 PM
When we trust God with our busyness and still seek Him despite having our hands tight with activities, time seems to be generous to us. Or at least, that is my secret until today.
Whenever I don't seem to have time for everything but I always ended up having time for everything & for even more things than I could even imagine, it's because time has been taken to strengthen my relationship with God each day.
Praying that God will draw you closer to Him each day so that you may come to know Him in a way that you have never knew Him before.
THinking of you always!
Posted by
Cmate |
8:33 PM
wah...just when i thought i wanted to post something about the gentlemen issue, ppl has given their mega 2 cents...or more like 2 million cents...now i don't want to post dy...so malu *sheepsih look*
Posted by
Anonymous |
11:48 PM
Please, a single cent from the heart is worth a hundred bucks from the brain.
Spilleth your beans :)
Posted by
me |
12:16 AM
update update!!! -val-
Posted by
Anonymous |
8:39 PM
good point, ephez.
jon lai: wow. u always say the most interesting things.and i'm always learning something new from you. =) and i definitely agree on the true worshippers one. that's why i'm not complaining further. I told my CG that instead of complaining, i've instead resorted to being the "gentleman" to the men instead and it has taken many ppl (strangers, mostly) by surprise. =)
gina: thanks. i don't know what i'd do without your prayers. you've been such a great pillar of support and strength. thanks.
darren: yah, listen to jon lai and speaketh your mind! =P btw, it was fun hanging out with u today. i'm awaiting the swensen's treat man!
val: coming coming...
Posted by
Serena |
11:28 PM
lol. chivas i know... its a type of alcohol. chivalry? hmm... now i only startin to know after jon's super detailed speaketh from his mindeth.
come on lar, gentleman? doesnt matter if the receiver thinks or do not thinks whether the so called gentleman has ulterior motives, everybody when treating the other party nicely confirm firm got motives. it could be as simple as jst to get closer or know better the receiver or to gain trust and in the end manipulate. how ever you wana see it, the motives are always there.
Posted by
siah |
12:18 AM
Post a Comment