« Home | Hot Affair » | Taken by surprise » | 8 words (Psalm 46:10) » | Weight of the World lyrics » | Frustrated beyond frustration » | The Power of Two » | Short & Sweet » | Boy, what a day.Tomorrow's yet another at the cent... » | Happy 21st Birthday, Boon How! Love,The Happles » | On this day... »

Wooed To Rest

After a hot shower,

I'm now in a t-shirt with printed monkeys on it, paired with a pair of black shorts that was accidentally worn backwards and that has holes in it, wearing my hair in a loose pony tail with my hair sticking out in every direction, wearing my glasses at the bridge of my nose, sitting hunchbacked on my chair.

I am a picture of sloppiness. And I don't give a single care in the world. Because I am feeling extremely comfortable just this very second. And for the next few seconds. And many more seconds for the rest of the night. And that's what I really care about.

It is almost 4 more weeks to the end of the sem. Funnily, it has taken me almost 3 months to learn what it means to rest.

On many occasions, I realized that I've turned down the invitation to go yumcha at the mamak. Initially, I used to attribute it to the fact that I had a lot of work to be completed and therefore, I needed to go home early in order to get started. But it was only lately that I realized why I've been turning down countless invitations to go mamaking. I actually prefer to return to the quiet of my own home and sip my own cup of coffee.

Am I an introvert? That has been the golden question that I've been unable to answer for a long time despite countless personality tests that I've taken. I certainly do enjoy meeting new people and I've always welcomed good company any time. So I can't be altogether such a quiet person. But I figured out why I sometimes really prefer to just come back home to be greeted by the four white walls of my dear ol' home.

I've been wooed to quietness. Something really lacking all these years. In the midst of the ultimate busyness in life, I've forsaken the act of true rest. Just being still before Him. Just savoring every bit of His presence. The many times when I truly enjoyed the company and laughter that usually accompany every yumcha session, I ended up failing to enjoy the company of the most significant person in my life. Many times, I'd end up coming back home really late, only left with enough energy to plop onto my bed and knock out without even brushing my teeth.

So, please forgive me my dear friends if I keep on giving you 1001 reasons for not wanting to come out of the house sometimes. Not to say that I don't treasure your company...just that sometimes, I really need to learn to do what I'm meant to do - to learn to rest...in Him. And if for some reason I appear
crabby on that particular day, it only means that I haven't been spending enough time with Someone.

I'm tucking myself in early tonight. Enough worrying about that unfinished assignment.

Bonne nuit!

Hey introvert!

Kidding! You are not an introvert la. You are like me. We enjoy quiet moments alone, and at the same time enjoy meeting people and fellowshipping with them. Times alone become times of refreshing in Him, times to sort out feelings and thoughts, times of knowing ourselves better. Or at least that's what I think! Oh well! Missing you gal!

haha...ok, that's reassuring. but yes, I do treasure those times alone. something very rare these days! =)

hi Serena,

No you're not an introvert. There are times when we just feel like being in the confines of our room and not going out. So u're not alone. I'm like that too sometimes.

Missing ya!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Serena
  • From Malaysia
  • Currently Reading The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer, The World is Flat by Thomas Friedman, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
My profile

Links