If only I got paid...
...because I have homework everyday. It's the work I do at home.
Everyday, I have 2 columns on my page. Left is for assignments, tutoring, official stuff, etc. Right is for personal and every other area in my life. Today as I was writing out my usual daily to-do list, I realized with horror that Right was a longer list than Left. Red alert! It's no wonder that I have been attempting to stay up almost every night, in a bid to finish up my assignments. Always in the nick of time. But surely, that isn't the way to go. Hmm... (Laura, I can so see you nodding your head enthusiastically in agreement! =P)
Before I am accused of being 'anal' (for non-psych students, this is psych jargon, not an attempt at wanting to sound grossly rude), let me state that whatever I do not write down in my notebook, the chances of me forgetting it is almost 99.99%. So yah, don't blame me for writing down almost everything I need to do so that I can get the load of my shoulders. That is the amount of brain space I am trying to keep available for everything else that matters in life. =)
So, next time if you ask me to do something in person and if you don't see me writing it down, you'd better ensure I do at some point in the conversation, or the memory of that would most likely end up in lala-land.
Currently, I actually have 10 relatively important emails to reply. 2 urgent. I am actually proud of myself when I finally reply a person's email proper. At the same time, my dear friends have benefitted from this by learning the art of extreme patience. Sigh. Sorry, looks like you fellas will have to wait. Work beckons...
Everyday, I have 2 columns on my page. Left is for assignments, tutoring, official stuff, etc. Right is for personal and every other area in my life. Today as I was writing out my usual daily to-do list, I realized with horror that Right was a longer list than Left. Red alert! It's no wonder that I have been attempting to stay up almost every night, in a bid to finish up my assignments. Always in the nick of time. But surely, that isn't the way to go. Hmm... (Laura, I can so see you nodding your head enthusiastically in agreement! =P)
Before I am accused of being 'anal' (for non-psych students, this is psych jargon, not an attempt at wanting to sound grossly rude), let me state that whatever I do not write down in my notebook, the chances of me forgetting it is almost 99.99%. So yah, don't blame me for writing down almost everything I need to do so that I can get the load of my shoulders. That is the amount of brain space I am trying to keep available for everything else that matters in life. =)
So, next time if you ask me to do something in person and if you don't see me writing it down, you'd better ensure I do at some point in the conversation, or the memory of that would most likely end up in lala-land.
Currently, I actually have 10 relatively important emails to reply. 2 urgent. I am actually proud of myself when I finally reply a person's email proper. At the same time, my dear friends have benefitted from this by learning the art of extreme patience. Sigh. Sorry, looks like you fellas will have to wait. Work beckons...

Post a Comment