« Home | 07.07.07 - Mr. & Mrs. Benny Mun » | CLICK ME » | Goodbyes are eye-openers » | Mid-Year Pitstop » | The little things » | A.Pause. » | There you go » | Hello!heheahaha » | To Christoph » | 3 years ago »

What is fair?

I realize my posts are sounding so serious these days. I reckon it's only because every time a matter or issue creeps up, I feel inclined to pen down my thoughts. Maybe, it's therapeutic for me that way.

Fairness is so relative, I realize. Have you ever been on the receiving end of injustice only to realize that the other party has to endure some form of pain too? Unless, of course, you are like me, being quite sadistic at times, you sure don't mind seeing others suffer too. Or rather, you couldn't be bothered that the other person is suffering too. After all, injustice has been done on your part. So who cares if the other is hurt? It is only fair or setimpal that the other person goes through some pain. Watching others experience pain somehow eases some of our own, doesn't it?

How cruel.

There are days where I feel like screaming. I am not in the wrong! But when it comes to tender matters, does it matter who is in the right or in the wrong? So why am I at the receiving end of this ill-treatment?

After trashing it out with Him, I then realize, as I always do, after spending time in His presence. There's just something about being with Him that changes you, as much as it is so against your strong will....so often, the natural thing to do would be to continue wallowing in your pride and pain. But He doesn't allow us to stay there for long, does He? He loves us too much for that.

How loving of him, and yet, what a shattering experience it is. Every ounce of pride is purged from within. I am still reeling from the wounds.

I realize it is not about me. In life, nothing is really fair, isn't it? People will always misjudge you. Friends will betray you. Family will take you for granted. The biggest pain is when the dearest ones to your heart, lose their trust in you and actually take the side of "the enemy", all in the name of fairness.

What is fair then? That people often don't bother to find out the truth before deciding on whose side they'll be on? Or that you get just what you deserve (even if you happened to be innocent)? That people can't accept the fact that you are happy and blessed?

I've been there. I've felt the injustice. But the key word is: felt. And emotions are often highly unreliable.

But today, I told Him, enough is enough. I am tired. I am just gonna trust Him to work out the details. Better still, I have found a little space in my heart to sincerely pray for "the enemy" this time. Funny, how many times my first instinct would be to "curse". But having been challenged to my face to "bless" those who curse me, is something really foreign to me. We all know the verse, but try doing it for real. With sincerity.

Therefore, nothing is fair. Even having to love those who hate you is not fair. But that's the way with the Father, isn't it? He compels us to love, when it is the unfairest, when it is the hardest.

How refreshing my dearest Serena. Your journey is truly one that encourages me to move forward in mine. I love you so much and just wish i could sit with a nice hot drink and have the longest chat with you. You are precious.

Ps 31: 3 - 8

v 3For You are my rock and fortress
Therefore for your name;s sake
Lead me and guide me
v 4Pull me out of the net which they have secretly laid for me
For You are my strength...

Love always
sheen
p/s: i've already got a little present in my present box that has your name on it. ha ha

What is fair? Nothing is. Sometimes, I wonder if my life is fair... then I realised, if life was fair, there would not be challenges. No challenges, no growth. No growth, no meaning. No meaning, there is no reason for us to be on earth. And then I tell myself, "Oh well! This is life!"

*hugs*

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Serena
  • From Malaysia
  • Currently Reading The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer, The World is Flat by Thomas Friedman, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
My profile

Links