Mid-Year Pitstop
Hello...
Haha...I've been blogging as often as I have been reading the newspaper proper! Not a good sign at all. Counting on friends and colleagues to update me on headlines is surely no way to go.
Yet, I don't feel like I've been missing in action. I've been in complete action. Waddaya know, come the 18th, I would've worked for half a year already! No more freshie at all. In fact, I'm one of the more senior tutors around in my department.
Where did the past 6 months go?
I've been busy doing/(attempted) doing:
1. Applications
2. Applications
3. Studying for tests that are part of application requirement
4. Sitting for tests that are part of application requirement
5. Applications
6. Catching up on some reading (finally!)
7. Cutting down drastically on coffee (I'm so good now I only drink 2 cups a day!)
8. Went for a personal holiday with close gal pals.
9. Baked brownies for a special someone (which is a miracle considering how the last time I baked was 6 years ago)
10. Bought myself a new pair of runners (my old ones were hurting my feet)
It has been a good semester thus far. I think God knew how much rest I needed. Haven't really sat down to be still and be silent ever since I handed in that last undergrad thesis. I've been running everywhere that I realized that I don't really have a direction.
I've come to really love my students. I wish I have more time to get to know them personally. They each represent such a colourful story - such rich and unique lives - if only they all knew Him, who knows them better than they would ever know their selves. So far, I've only watched from afar and I find how much I love this environment. I feel energized by the hustle and bustle in between classes. I reckon I would get restless if I had such a light and easy schedule every sem.
Then again, I remember that I am hoping for something more - not even quite sure what it would be exactly - but just trusting God to shift the keys and let the print start forming clearly before my very eyes. I know that this is a chapter for me to savour, although it has not been easy. And so I shall be glad for where I am today, although sometimes I feel as though I am not doing much. But I mustn't be impatient. Not my timing. It has never been my timing. So what if it's already June in 2007? I wonder what time is it in His time?
Other than that, it's been one of the loveliest 2 months! Learning to discover another person and the joys of communication is a process to savoured every step of the way. I never quite thought it'd turn out like this. I keep on finding room for learning, adjusting, compromising, wanting to understand and of course, loving. I guess, we're always in for surprises, aren't we? I never thought it'd be so easy once you've got your bearings right. This time around, I feel such a sense of security because I know that I've got my foundation on the right ground now.
People keep on asking me what, where and how am I going to pursue my postgrad studies. My honest answer, "I don't know." Yet, I am not too worried. Of course, there are days where I complain about having to do so much work. Then again, I think my focus is off-target then. Coz I reckon, sometimes it's the character that is in the making rather than the work itself. Oh well, I must need a lot of work then. =) Oh, it's just that my impatience gets the better of me on some days. Yet, I am reminded that most of the best things in my life came after a period of WAITING. So wait, I shall. Oh I pray I can wait. I hope I don't grow impatient and discontent.
Dad's health is much better. Mum's too. Overall, the storm has generally subsided. And I thank God for being there through it all, even carrying me at times when I most needed it.
Haha...I've been blogging as often as I have been reading the newspaper proper! Not a good sign at all. Counting on friends and colleagues to update me on headlines is surely no way to go.
Yet, I don't feel like I've been missing in action. I've been in complete action. Waddaya know, come the 18th, I would've worked for half a year already! No more freshie at all. In fact, I'm one of the more senior tutors around in my department.
Where did the past 6 months go?
I've been busy doing/(attempted) doing:
1. Applications
2. Applications
3. Studying for tests that are part of application requirement
4. Sitting for tests that are part of application requirement
5. Applications
6. Catching up on some reading (finally!)
7. Cutting down drastically on coffee (I'm so good now I only drink 2 cups a day!)
8. Went for a personal holiday with close gal pals.
9. Baked brownies for a special someone (which is a miracle considering how the last time I baked was 6 years ago)
10. Bought myself a new pair of runners (my old ones were hurting my feet)
It has been a good semester thus far. I think God knew how much rest I needed. Haven't really sat down to be still and be silent ever since I handed in that last undergrad thesis. I've been running everywhere that I realized that I don't really have a direction.
I've come to really love my students. I wish I have more time to get to know them personally. They each represent such a colourful story - such rich and unique lives - if only they all knew Him, who knows them better than they would ever know their selves. So far, I've only watched from afar and I find how much I love this environment. I feel energized by the hustle and bustle in between classes. I reckon I would get restless if I had such a light and easy schedule every sem.
Then again, I remember that I am hoping for something more - not even quite sure what it would be exactly - but just trusting God to shift the keys and let the print start forming clearly before my very eyes. I know that this is a chapter for me to savour, although it has not been easy. And so I shall be glad for where I am today, although sometimes I feel as though I am not doing much. But I mustn't be impatient. Not my timing. It has never been my timing. So what if it's already June in 2007? I wonder what time is it in His time?
Other than that, it's been one of the loveliest 2 months! Learning to discover another person and the joys of communication is a process to savoured every step of the way. I never quite thought it'd turn out like this. I keep on finding room for learning, adjusting, compromising, wanting to understand and of course, loving. I guess, we're always in for surprises, aren't we? I never thought it'd be so easy once you've got your bearings right. This time around, I feel such a sense of security because I know that I've got my foundation on the right ground now.
People keep on asking me what, where and how am I going to pursue my postgrad studies. My honest answer, "I don't know." Yet, I am not too worried. Of course, there are days where I complain about having to do so much work. Then again, I think my focus is off-target then. Coz I reckon, sometimes it's the character that is in the making rather than the work itself. Oh well, I must need a lot of work then. =) Oh, it's just that my impatience gets the better of me on some days. Yet, I am reminded that most of the best things in my life came after a period of WAITING. So wait, I shall. Oh I pray I can wait. I hope I don't grow impatient and discontent.
Dad's health is much better. Mum's too. Overall, the storm has generally subsided. And I thank God for being there through it all, even carrying me at times when I most needed it.

Sometimes, I think I learn more about you thru your blog than in person. See you Thursday?
Posted by
Anonymous |
12:18 PM
Post a Comment