A Blast of a Night
Nothing beats a good date. Really.
I am so glad I went out tonight. God knew I needed it badly. What's more, I got to spend precious time with two of the most esteemed people and one of my closest buddies.
After a gruesome stretch of nonstop classes from 8am-6pm today, I was ready to call it a day. Took the feeder bus and got packed in and was smashed right to the door. I even got hurt when the driver opened the door unsuspectingly, out of the blue, in the middle of nowhere. He must have wanted to hurt me very much. Well, he got what he wanted. I've got a lovely bruise and some cuts on my right leg, due to it being squashed by the automatic door. It was p.a.i.n.f.u.l. For a few seconds, I thought that I'd already gone up to heaven. Seriously. Nevermind, my mum always told me to be a strong girl, and so I shall be. =)
Breathed in the most "health-benefitting" fumes of impatient motorists for about 15mins before the next bus arrived. Was so exhausted by then that I was already visualising what I'd do by the time I got home. I couldn't wait for the evening to be over and done with.
Arrived at appointed destination. I hadn't counted on it being a fancy night; just thought it'd be a normal catching-up session. Much to my amazement, my hosts took us to a grand steakhouse for a grand dinner. The whole works - appetizer right up till dessert. Small talk took place for awhile as we (or rather, I) gobbled our dinner. After which, I decided to be a little bolder and posed more personal questions to our hosts - i.e. "How did the two of you meet?" Haha. Kepoh li'l me.
From then on, it was no stopping us. The ice had been broken. We hit it off after that and I can't remember having such a wonderful conversation in months! I wasn't bored for a second. You know, there's something so different about people who love God so passionately and at the same time, are so down to earth. I truly believe that tonight was an appointment that God made sure I kept. He knew how much I needed it.
After a sinful session of slurping down every single morsel of Chocolate Molten Cake and Ice-Cream, we turned on to more spiritual issues. And yet, it wasn't too spiritual spiritual. It was so real. It was so relevant. They also spoke into my heart tonight. They reminded me of how far God has brought me to where I am today. In the midst of my worries and anxiety, I had forgotten that it is God who knows better. Not I.
As I was just sitting there, groaning at the magnitude of my tummy's expansion, it also hit me that everything is slowly falling into place. Every little detail is slowly coming into clarity. Whatever I didn't understand before, I see why now. Whatever I still don't understand now and struggle with simply trusting and obeying, I felt a peace seep into my heart, slowly taking over.
They told me that I've changed a whole lot. And it is due to the hands of the One who knows me like no other.
In case you didn't know, I never wanted to do Psychology. In fact, I used to be so skeptical about the course because like everyone else, I thought that the course was only for psychos. I thought it was a whole bunch of nonsense. But He knew better. He knew what it would take to change my heart and turn it 180 degrees around to steer me to the path that He had intended for me. Knowing me, I would have literally wrestled with God, if given the opportunity, just so to get my way. But He knew better.
Only God would bother to see to perfection every single minute detail that concerns me. Only Him.
Sheen, I thank God for your parents. They are simply wunnerful!
I am so glad I went out tonight. God knew I needed it badly. What's more, I got to spend precious time with two of the most esteemed people and one of my closest buddies.
After a gruesome stretch of nonstop classes from 8am-6pm today, I was ready to call it a day. Took the feeder bus and got packed in and was smashed right to the door. I even got hurt when the driver opened the door unsuspectingly, out of the blue, in the middle of nowhere. He must have wanted to hurt me very much. Well, he got what he wanted. I've got a lovely bruise and some cuts on my right leg, due to it being squashed by the automatic door. It was p.a.i.n.f.u.l. For a few seconds, I thought that I'd already gone up to heaven. Seriously. Nevermind, my mum always told me to be a strong girl, and so I shall be. =)
Breathed in the most "health-benefitting" fumes of impatient motorists for about 15mins before the next bus arrived. Was so exhausted by then that I was already visualising what I'd do by the time I got home. I couldn't wait for the evening to be over and done with.
Arrived at appointed destination. I hadn't counted on it being a fancy night; just thought it'd be a normal catching-up session. Much to my amazement, my hosts took us to a grand steakhouse for a grand dinner. The whole works - appetizer right up till dessert. Small talk took place for awhile as we (or rather, I) gobbled our dinner. After which, I decided to be a little bolder and posed more personal questions to our hosts - i.e. "How did the two of you meet?" Haha. Kepoh li'l me.
From then on, it was no stopping us. The ice had been broken. We hit it off after that and I can't remember having such a wonderful conversation in months! I wasn't bored for a second. You know, there's something so different about people who love God so passionately and at the same time, are so down to earth. I truly believe that tonight was an appointment that God made sure I kept. He knew how much I needed it.
After a sinful session of slurping down every single morsel of Chocolate Molten Cake and Ice-Cream, we turned on to more spiritual issues. And yet, it wasn't too spiritual spiritual. It was so real. It was so relevant. They also spoke into my heart tonight. They reminded me of how far God has brought me to where I am today. In the midst of my worries and anxiety, I had forgotten that it is God who knows better. Not I.
As I was just sitting there, groaning at the magnitude of my tummy's expansion, it also hit me that everything is slowly falling into place. Every little detail is slowly coming into clarity. Whatever I didn't understand before, I see why now. Whatever I still don't understand now and struggle with simply trusting and obeying, I felt a peace seep into my heart, slowly taking over.
They told me that I've changed a whole lot. And it is due to the hands of the One who knows me like no other.
In case you didn't know, I never wanted to do Psychology. In fact, I used to be so skeptical about the course because like everyone else, I thought that the course was only for psychos. I thought it was a whole bunch of nonsense. But He knew better. He knew what it would take to change my heart and turn it 180 degrees around to steer me to the path that He had intended for me. Knowing me, I would have literally wrestled with God, if given the opportunity, just so to get my way. But He knew better.
Only God would bother to see to perfection every single minute detail that concerns me. Only Him.
Sheen, I thank God for your parents. They are simply wunnerful!

wow! splendid writeup! n was glad that u had a really needed blast!
God's always good,eh?
i want one too!!!!!hehehe.anyway,take good care!GBU!
-val-
Posted by
Anonymous |
12:51 AM
Post a Comment