The sweetness of friendship
I am down with a flu. Sigh, an obvious sign of being overworked. Hence, the irregularity in updating this page. Although the fingers are typing much less on this blog, it doesn't mean that the brain and heart have stopped thinking about certain issues and matters. If I do find time to pen down these thoughts, I shall.
Today, a dear friend sent this to me and I was just reminded of the sweetness of friendship and how I could never be grateful enough for the myriad of friends I have in my life:
A simple smile, a loving word, a joke to brighten up the day,
A phone call when you're not at your best, a light to lead the way,
An ear to listen a heart to accept, to love and understand,
The simple way you came to me, the gentle touch of your hand.
The way we think a lot alike on fun or serious things,
It seems to be this friendship has taken to its wings.
Through days and weeks and even months we have shared a lot "deep" within,
but guaranteed with love and trust, that's a good way to begin.
For when two people such as us, can meet and almost blend,
I've read your heart, I know your mind, and am "grateful" to call you Friend.
Today, a dear friend sent this to me and I was just reminded of the sweetness of friendship and how I could never be grateful enough for the myriad of friends I have in my life:
A simple smile, a loving word, a joke to brighten up the day,
A phone call when you're not at your best, a light to lead the way,
An ear to listen a heart to accept, to love and understand,
The simple way you came to me, the gentle touch of your hand.
The way we think a lot alike on fun or serious things,
It seems to be this friendship has taken to its wings.
Through days and weeks and even months we have shared a lot "deep" within,
but guaranteed with love and trust, that's a good way to begin.
For when two people such as us, can meet and almost blend,
I've read your heart, I know your mind, and am "grateful" to call you Friend.

Aiyoo..you better take care gal!
As Julian always say: Break a leg and take it easy! hehe...
MiKi
Posted by
Anonymous |
5:14 AM
That's very sweet of your friend... neway, it ain't good to overwork urself.. take care...
(JT) - still dunno who am I? :-Þ
Posted by
Anonymous |
10:13 PM
Hey dear.hope that ure having a good week..
take lots of water n vit c!
muaks! -val-
Posted by
Anonymous |
1:11 AM
haha...i'll take it easy la, Miki. Thx. Just finished reading a book!
Jeremy Tan? =) thanks.
Val, what days are your classes? can I call you on Thurs nites?
Posted by
Serena |
6:24 AM
Haha.. good guess, Serena...
Neway, yea.. take care u know.. won't wanna get sick rite.. ;-)
Posted by
Anonymous |
4:24 PM
Post a Comment