« Home | The Wonderful 10-Day Plan » | In season » | Nostalgia Night » | Thorough thoughts » | I say AMEN! » | Mental prep » | My body is obviously retaliating to the level of s... » | Big Brother Small Sister » | Tied the knot » | I've got mail »

Malaysian Madness

Today's post might be more relevant to the ladies. But then again, knowing some of the kay-poh male friends that I have, they'll definitely read on.

I went to the Diethelm warehouse sale today. I thought that I was gonna die young and fly straight up to heaven. If you thought you saw mad people, you haven't. Go for the warehouse sale. You'll know what I mean.

My goal was to buy a year's worth of cereals, some other household products and err... sanitary napkins. Hey, these things aren't cheap, you know, and so when you have things going at knock-out prices, you really should grab the opportunity. Looks like I wasn't the only one with such brilliant ideas. 5000 others thought so as well. Why am I going? Coz I've been put in charge of grocery-shopping for the house for as long as I can remember.

Thank God, I bathed just before. But I don't know who to thank for the others who didn't. We were sardine-packed and pushed and shouted at... that I thought I really wasn't going to live to see the next day. You would think that you were in an asylum.

You should see the tiger in so many ladies, man. If you didn't make way for them, you were definitely gonna get bitten and gnawed. So I steered clear of them. In this case, I thought it safer to walk behind men. But NO, these men were carrying all the bought goods and acting as macho bodyguards over their prized possessions. Besides, they smelled as though they hadn't bathed since last year. I don't even want to get started on the sales ladies. They barked. They glared. If you didn't give your order within 3 seconds, they probably would have chopped your head off. It was a close call for me. Phew.

Parking was horrendously crazy. I, too, succumbed to illegal parking. So I got what I needed and ran back to my car.

Hmm...we are a wild bunch, waking up early on a beautiful Saturday morning to be faced with such madness. And to think silly me was expecting this morning's trip to be retail therapy or even a rendezvous. Boy, was I in for a surprise...

And the only other mad person I know who would be willing to sacrifice precious sleep for such a shopping frenzy is my dear friend, Val. Only she would brave herself for the unruly crowd to purchase household items for her beloved family. =)

All in all, what an experience. It's actually bordering on the line of the definition of an adventure. I can see why the other half of the Malaysian population steer clear of warehouse sales. If you suffer from claustrophobia, you definitely wouldn't want to go.

And since I hope to become a mother one day, I can probably expect many more yearly affairs like these. Next time, I'd probably have to do strength training weeks ahead, to carry cartons of family food and mountains of baby diapers. Unless, of course, I become less kiasu or marry someone with money growing out of his ears.

Why didn't you become a tiger like the rest of the ladies and gnaw, gnaw gnaw away.

There are crazy sales ladies in warehouses?! That i did not know... >_<

Speaking of shopping:
Cadbury (The factory is HERE!)
Shoes
Coffee related product

Which one would you want most? Most likely, i won't buy you anything, but still, better safe than sorry =P

NZ dollar is falling down, falling down, falling down, NZ dollar is falling down, my fair lady.

PS: I have pics of Otago in my blog, not many though... Yet.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Serena
  • From Malaysia
  • Currently Reading The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer, The World is Flat by Thomas Friedman, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
My profile

Links