« Home | I've got mail » | Series of events » | Ah ah ah CHOO! » | Addition to the IN clan » | Tick Tick Tick » | Home sweet home sweet home » | Break Time!I'm going off for a short getaway. No I... » | Upward » | Random ramblings » | Post-test »

Tied the knot

Man & Wife



Tai Kor, Mr.In, Mrs.In, Ms.In, Yi Kor, the new Mrs. In =)

It is done. In less than 30 minutes, I got myself a sister-in-law. A real funky one, too! =)

Did you know that all it takes is only RM30 to get registered for marriage in Malaysia?

I didn't know.

Then why on earth do people save and save and save? Just open your wallet (or purse, for the ladies), take out 3 red bills and you will get 2 pieces of blue paper in return. Not a bad deal. =P Actually, if I'm not mistaken I do owe my bro some $$$. On hindsight, I should have footed the bill and settled my debts there and then. Hmm...

I felt so honoured to be asked to witness the signing of the marriage certificate. I should have practised my signature to look more like an adult's. Why me? I guess my brother loves me the most of all my family members. Or maybe he wants me to gain the experience for future usage. Haha.

The registration process is on a first-come-first-served basis. So if you don't want to end up a frustrated bride or groom in the future, kindly make your way there early. Thank God we arrived relatively early. Coz right after us, a whole entourage of various people - in sari, in casual clothes and one, even in a hot pink dress - crowded the waiting area. Poor things. They'll have to wait for a quite a while. So early birds really get it good. =)

Oh yeah, the ironic thing is that the counter for getting your divorce legalized (whatever is the proper term, Laura...=P....), is right next to the counter for marriage registration. I mean, so if you're called to counter B, it is quite the embarrassing because everyone just gives you the death stare. Sigh. Saw the exact thing happen today. One poor ex-married couple rushed off in a huff because they were pretty humiliated.

All in all, an eventful day. Definitely a first in my family.

*happy*

I'll be like your mom and say, your turn. Three red bills. Actually one red and one green. HE has to pay half as well right?

Hehe girl.. I think it's called "decree nisi" for the divorce to be legalized but I am not sure. Learning it next term in Family Law =)

Where was your 3rd bro?

You're looking great btw.. hehe yeah funky sis-in-law.. Join the gang now hah!

-laura-

nah...not everything has to be divided equally la. in instances like this, it's nice to be the generous one just because you LOVE the other person, you know? =)

laura: u've got mail. haha....nolarr. u shud hv seen me close-up. my skin sagging already. i think it's from all the tiredness and because i consume so much coffee, it's getting really bad. need to seriously cut down la. but haha, the wonders of makeup covered up a bit la. =P

so when's your turn?
30 bucks only ... quite cheap wat ...

=P

The other person also LOVES you. So s/he would want to pay for your half as well. Best solution, pay for each other's halves. =P

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Serena
  • From Malaysia
  • Currently Reading The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer, The World is Flat by Thomas Friedman, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
My profile

Links