#1: The Forget-Me-Not Sonata

This was one page-turner. Got it as a birthday present last year from my second brother. Maybe because the author had a gift of tugging at my heartstrings in all the right places. One would classify this as a romance novel because of its main theme but I beg to differ because I got more than romance from this book. I learnt so much about human beings and to a certain extent the female protagonist experienced a bunch of internal conflicts that are so close to home. Plus, there was a fair share of the realities of life and yet there was space for that world of dreams that the heroine was torn between.
The ending was fairly predictable but this is really a book of savouring the journey, rather than the destination. I really enjoyed this book and it's not often that I can finish a 474-page book in less than a day. I didn't want to do anything till I read till the end. It's so seldom I find a good read these days, with only the purest form of language expressed with such tenderness.

Post a Comment