« Home | Appreciation #2 » | Mantra » | CF » | A Tuesday Adventure » | Trusty mates » | Appreciation » | My weekend » | CF » | The 30-day challenge » | The goodness that still exists »

Accountability works

SLEEP JOURNAL

Day One: 5 hours
Justification: I had genuinely forgotten that I had some assignments due the next day. How conveniently my brain decided to take a holiday. Also, had an extremely long but much NEEDED chat with an old friend.

Day Two: 8 hours
Ahh...this was bliss! To make up for yesterday, I suppose.

Day Three: 6.5 hours
Technically, this isn't so bad because if you round it up, it would make a 7. So I am on the right track. Haha...

Day Four: 11.5 hours
Whoa! I am really doing fine, ain't I? This one takes the cake. I got up somewhere at midnight to took a shower, washed up only to come back and continue with my visitation to lala-land. Funnily, I remember listening to a sermon CD somewhere in between. This was really a case of the body "konked out". I think my bro might have spiked my coffee; I'm not sure. But then again, I didn't drink any coffee last night. Ahh, patutlah sleep so long! Man, I feel as though I am on a rehab program or something...

Day Five: 4 hours
Justification: Ok, fine. I failed to keep to my challenge last night. But hey, I've got a good excuse. How many people know that when you sleepover at a friend's house, you should make full use of that time to chat till your saliva produceth no more? Yah, that's what I did. Caught up on a whole lot of lost-time with my dear sister, Cheer. =) So technically, my soul was nourished, although my body was sleep-deprived again. Nevermind, can make up for it in the next few days. =)

Day Six: 7.5 hours
Now, that's my girl! Only thing is that I have to rush to finish that horrid last assignment I have due later today, simply because I slept!

Day Seven: 4 hours
Justification: Well, err...I have a newfound addiction? Every time I have to study or have tons of things to do...I would always do everything else in the world but do what I absolutely need to do. Sigh, this personal indiscipline that I allow myself to get away with every time. Hence, the last 2 hours of my waking moment yesterday, I was busy playing
Sudoku when I could very well have gone off to bed. Naughty, naughty girl...

Day Seven: 6.5 hours
I think my latest bad habit is drinking coffee at night coz it actually puts me to sleep rather than the opposite. Someone commented that coffee works as a sleeping pill for me now because I've gained such a high tolerance towards the effects of caffeine. Sigh, am I beyond help? =P
Finals in less than a week....yikes! It just hit me this morning....oh dear! Better put on the glasses, pull up the pants and start looking like a nerd. Maybe I might just succeed to work like one. =P

Day Eight: 5.5 hours
Justification: I know, I know. The discipline of sleep is no easy task, ok! Did I say I was going to challenge myself to sleep at least 7 hours? Actually, at that point in time, I was pretty sleep-deprived so maybe I wasn't thinking very straight. Maybe I meant 6, which in this case would mean I am right on track. Of if I had meant 5, then I have surely been excelling in this task! Kekeke... Well, why am I awake at 4.45am today? Coz I have a sonnet presentation at 8am. And I tertidur at 11pm last night. So there... Oh...I so hope I do ok this time around. So hard to please my lecturer...just don't seem to get it right. And of all things, I have to personalize Shakespeare's feelings and heartfelt thoughts...


Day Nine: 6.5 hours
Good girl. =)

Day Ten: 6.5 hours
Felt so alive the entire day. Sleep really helps! Duh (to myself)! =)

Day Eleven: 8 hours
Ok, previously I told myself to always sleep early on Saturday nights because I wanted to be energetic and fresh on Sunday morning (which reminds me now of how I love that song by Maroon 5...haha) instead of walking around aimlessly like a zombie. But I didn't expect my body to crash on me and sleep for so so long! My real caring friends congratulated me for such an achievement - 8 hours! But I felt guilty about it since I'm supposed to be MUG-MUG-MUG-ing! Oh well...might as well thank God for the heavenly rest and now resume my task at hand.

Like John says, there's an integration that takes place in the brain when you are well-rested. But that only means I have less waking hours to do what I need to do. My dearest buddies, I shall covet all your extra prayers during this time then. Really appreciate all your support.

At this point, I just want to say that I have never been gladder that I serve an amazing and awesome God who never ceases to amaze me in the good times and especially, during the bad times, He shows me how He can simply turn the bad into the good. I am so proud to say that I am His! =)

Ok, one more week of this and I shall be free for a whole month of holidays. I really can't wait! I can do this!


---------------------------------------------------------
EXAM WEEK...

Day Twelve: 8 hours

Day Fourteen: 6.5 hours

Day Fifteen: 6.5 hours

Day Sixteen: 6 hours

Day Seventeen: 4 hours

------------------------------------------------------------
HOLIDAYS BEGIN......

Day Eighteen: 6 hours

Day Nineteen: 7.5 hours

Day Twenty: 4 hours
Was out having dinner with friends, then lazing around at a friend's place.

Day Twenty-One: 8.5 hours

OI!! where can round up tat nice, useful half an hour into one hour. trying to find loop holes in your challenge heh?

-AhChai

Take a week and make sure it adds up to 49 hours.

ephez: nah, the point here is to be consistent, which isn't something that I've been doing. but it's a good suggestion though. because, we could never ever repay our sleep debt, u know.

chai: =P

Whoa, more sleep and less coffee! Amazing! Keep it up

siao siao siao siao..... can a normal uni student actually sleep that much?

or should i say *afford* to sleep that much?

ephez: thx for the encouragement! =) sure need it...

OY: pls be reminded to NOT call me the T-word or M-word, at least not in public la ok? haha.. and yah, i am not a normal uni student. so there =P but i feel such privilege & luxury slowly dissipating already because of additional stuff coming up this week. sigh...well, i sure enjoyed it while it lasted.

hah! i am like u.. i love sudoku and still stuck on literati all these years.. oh well, guess who I met in a literati room the other day? Priscilla Prakash. she recognized my name. haha

well well.. hope you're sleeping more anyway. Been having 9 hours :)

Laura

p/s: where's my email??!

bring back the chatter box!!!

isaac: can, provided u reply my messages for me la. =P no time currently...can't multi-task. when i finish my finals i'll put it back on.

laura: haha...i'm ok. will email SOON. (note the vagueness...hehe...)

sigh.. i'm disappointed

*tongue sticking out at u*

laurapora

laurapora: since your disappointed, the damage's already done so i guess you can wait even longer right? kekeke...

*tongue sticking out at u* (x10)

*you're

when your finals finishing? u wanted to discuss something with me right? when when? and dont drink TOO MUCH coffee... too much is not good. but moderate is perfect! ahhh... sweet sweet aroma!

Lolz..... but it's.... it's.... it's..... just that i can't help it =)..... I was brought up calling all teachers (or subs or surrogates or whutever) miss or ma'am or teacher or sir or sumting like that..... Why, make you feel old izzit? (^_^)

laurapora's heart has been happy these few days so she showers more grace on you *heehee*

hugs and kisses... need u to pray for exams tomorrow and friday too! Then I'm done! Whee..

-laurapora-

Hey Serena... haha.. not bad at all...

Kepp up the good work..! :-P

~sLeEp MoRe~

Haha..

(JT)

IZ: yes. i'll be free whole month of may.

laura: all the best, dear. Will be praying for u. so that makes up the overdraft of my email reply yah? haha...

OY: haha...actually, age is just a number, no? just that, quite shy to be called Ma'am or Teacher coz i'm not qualified to be called one yet. =P

JT: hey hey...haha. thanks for the encouragement. =P

sleeping patterns generally looking good:) congrats girl!:)

But, day four: 11.5 hours of sleep is no good. Apparently according to some studies, the optimum sleeping hours is 7. Sleeping time is meant for reactivating our brain cells but apparently this doesn't apply if one sleeps too much (and that is like 10, 11 hours). Worse, people sleep that much apparently die faster too.

hehe so i reckon, day six is your best record:).

-steph-:)

6 hours, sounds like a social psychology defense mechanism to me...

haha, thanks. your comments tell me that you are a psychology student or someone who's well-read. hehe... but sorry, which steph is this?

ephez: sigh, i feel like succumbing to exam pressure...this UIU grading system is killing me!

This is the steph who used to study at HELP and worked there for 3 weeks during my summer vacation. Also the steph who cracked out laughing with you during the chit-chat play. Sounds familiar?haha:p

Woohoo! Missing ya girl!

hey when are ur finals?

hey girl =) or more like aunty ;) hows you?

And now you're free to blog!

darling! free for coffee sometime?? hahah wait lah after my final, finals.catch up after EVERYTHING okays? have fun durin ur hols :) *hugz

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Serena
  • From Malaysia
  • Currently Reading The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer, The World is Flat by Thomas Friedman, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
My profile

Links