« Home | Morning Pic » | The Fine Line » | More Wishes » | Businesswoman in the Making » | Happy Birthday, Angel! » | A Short One » | Girlfriends » | Super Saturday » | Miscellaneous » | On Being Single »

College Leaders' Retreat 2005

I wanted to blog about the retreat as soon as I got home so that the memories would be fresh. However, my crazy schedule didn't allow me to do so. It's a good thing, though because I had to endure 4 days that were as normal as normal can be, after such a time of spiritual high of rededication and devotion to God. Yes, I am back to where I'm supposed to be - back at the realities of life, in the uni that I'm placed at. But somehow, things seem really different this time.

I have to say that the retreat was so timely and every word spoken throughout the entire thing was so apt and relevant for me. If there was an illustration for the word confirmation, it was then. Only God knows how much I needed that short break.

But it was funny how I lost my temper on Tues morning for no apparent reason, and immediately after my devotions some more. I snapped at a girl and a few minutes later, found myself speaking to another innocent girl at a tone that I most dislike. Welcome back to the real world. I immediately chided myself for behaving in such a fashion and determined to treat those 2 girls with extra care in the future.

So far this week,

  • I've had to survive 2 tests which, by God's grace, I did much better than I expected (so much for the last-minuteness).
  • I grew a large, ripe pimple strategically located between my nose and my lips, that greeted each person I met.
  • I did the very thing that I didn't want to do and the very thing that I wanted to do, I didn't do.
  • I experienced rejection.
  • I murmured in my heart.
  • I wanted to kill someone.

It was then that I was reminded that I have some promises to keep. No doubt, I messed up some this week...but the journey continues. There's no turning back now. Only God knows what's really going on inside this person. Only God knows what I really really need.

Fellowship was good. Saboh-ing was good, although it resulted in my having to wash my hair twice in a span of 2 hours. Thanks very much, Boo Siang. Oh well, it was worth it. =P

------------------------------------------------

Finally Watched: Charlie & The Chocolate Factory

As usual, Johnny Depp saves the day. If not for his excellent and diverse acting skills, this show would have been an utter letdown. I'd imagined the chocolate factory to be err, more chocolate-y. Nevertheless, it was an extremely rare treat to watch it with Hurricane Katrina and Aunty Rosie. Think laughs, shrieks, chuckles, caramel popcorn, rojak, pearl bubble tea, snorts and what not. It was an afternoon that will forever be etched in my mind. Thank you, ladies. =)

Finished Reading: The Client

I think besides The Firm, this has to be my next favorite Grisham piece. Really enjoyed every page of it. Learnt so much more about Juvenile law and especially the Fifth Amendment. (Laura, I actually know a little bit of law jargon now. Hehe.) Having not have enough time to finish the novel in one sitting, I had to torturously spread out the reading throughout 2 weeks, stealing whatever spare time I had while waiting for the bus. I was so desperate to finish reading it one day that I woke up out of the blue at 2am to finish reading it, only to continue my sleep in lala-land. That was one of those crazy things I do.

-----------------------------------------------

P/s: I will get down to replying all your comments on the previous post very soon. Unless, of course, if procrastination gets the better of me. =)

Rejection? Whoa. Wait, is this the rep thingy?

Hey,

I've just enrolled today and before even a lecture was given, I have homework. Expected time of preparation: 3-4 hours! Just finished reading but I think I have more to do. *sigh* I don't think you wanna know more about law than you already know haha.. the more you know, the more you Don't Want To Know. Get it?

Love u loads,
Laura.. Sorry this looks like a brief email.. no time la!

charming: wah, quite the smart huh? well, that maybe contributed to 1% of it la. the rest, something more personal. =P

laura: already emailed u.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Serena
  • From Malaysia
  • Currently Reading The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer, The World is Flat by Thomas Friedman, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
My profile

Links