« Home | Cheered up already » | Spectacles no more » | College Leaders' Retreat 2005 » | Morning Pic » | The Fine Line » | More Wishes » | Businesswoman in the Making » | Happy Birthday, Angel! » | A Short One » | Girlfriends »

When words speak louder than actions

I'm supposed to be practising some sums for my Calculus test tomorrow but for some reason, I can't seem to get myself to even open the textbook. And no, it's not because I'm lazy this time, but because I've been knocked out left, right, center.

I've been slapped in the face by a harsh reality - the power of words.

With words, I have hurt another precious person's feelings.

With words, I made someone feel so small.

With words, I have pushed someone so far away from me when I should be drawing that person nearer to God.

With words, I have betrayed the trust of a friend.

With words, I have punched a person so much harder than a physical one could've done.

With words, I have caused someone to believe that I didn't care for him/her when I really do.

With words, I have scared a friend away from me.

With words swimming around in circles in my head, I have allowed myself to wallow in self-pity.

Why, oh why, do I say the wrong things? Sigh, the tongue is a wicked wicked thing. I am guilty of destroying more than building. Now I can only pray that I can make up for all the damage that I've done and allow God to do the rest of the patch-up.

I really have to watch what I say. I used to think that actions speak louder than words. But in this case, I've learnt a very painful but valuable lesson - sometimes your words can really cut through another person. Once said, they can't be retrieved and a mere sorry sure wouldn't suffice. Once cut, it would take an awful lot of "medicine" to repair the wounds.

I really feel terrible about all that's happened. Of course, I could very well stay here in Pity Land and whine on and on about how regretful I am. Not to mention, stupid for not thinking before speaking. Or, I could pick myself up and hope to carry on walking, this time with my heart and mind taking the lead, instead of allowing my tongue to overtake everything else. God, won't You come and take control of this single but most powerful and influencial part of me?

With (the right) words, you can also repair what has gone 'wrong'.. ;-)

yea my own words has caused bad things before...i'm also working on it...so hard man...sometimes it comes out but you mean well, but it sounds bad to the other person...sigh

sorry that was me the post before this

it's interesting though, the line that divides. non-beneficial talk aside, being honest is sometimes inevitably hurtful.

In the end, we all end up saying the wrong thing sometimes, sometimes it causes the slightest of change, and sometimes, just a few words will change the way you live the rest of your life. Words cannot be taken back, however much we wish they can br. I may not know what exactly you are referring to, but i do know what you are talking about. Usually, the best path is just to move on, wherever forward maybe. (And no, i do not mean ignoring the effects of what your words has)

Hey Serena... Don't worry bout it too much. We are humans and we are bound to do mistakes. When you stated about you hurting ppl with your tongue, I can only think of James 3. This part of our body is a dangerous weapon but with the grace of God we can make it work for good. :)

Cheer up, gal! I understand how you are feeling... Will be there if you ever needed someone to hear you out! Love ya lots!

s**** them lar. if a any relationship, friendship or wat ever can be easily broken or affected by words than how good is that relationship anyway? then again, if its a girl thing then i have no comments.

but if its a guy then i guess that person should grow up and grow "sumthin that only a man has" so that they can start acting like a matured man.

oh so hurt... ur words... ouch... rite.

when a person want to grab ur attention or just want to be emo for no apparent reason, its very easy for them to say:"i'm hurt by ur words". simple... then u'll feel bad and treat them nicer.

when they feel like it and say bad stuff about u but u dont think it matters and didn really care, then wat? should they treat you better for a change?

knowin you for quite awhile now and trust me, i know sometimes the things u will say is quite "harsh". but its no where near bad. i can introduce some realy bad ones to you if you want to know wats bad.

oh, i chose not to reveal my name for a reason. trust me, i got stuff that a man should have... just that its wiser in this scenario not to reveal anything. cheers.

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate your concern and encouragement. Although by not putting your names, you always leave me trying to play investigator and guessing who you are. If it's possible, please leave your name next time. It'd mean so much more to me.

The issues pertaining to my post have been resolved - if not fully, most of it's been cleared up already la. Of course, it involved a lot of crying and talking it out as well. What to do, girl ma...so cry la. Haha.

Thanks again, everyone.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Serena
  • From Malaysia
  • Currently Reading The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer, The World is Flat by Thomas Friedman, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
My profile

Links