A decision
After discovering that more and more people are reading this blog, I feel that my privacy has been intruded severely. I can no longer say what I wanna say without being misinterpreted or without someone jumping to conclusions about something. Then again, I'm being silly, ain't I, for only realizing now that my site can easily be googled. So, privacy? What's that?
Oh well, I guess in order to play it safe and to avoid anymore future misinterpretations, I shall stick to writing from a third party's perspective (whenever possible). No more specifics. After all, I can't always go around explaining all my actions or feeling bad about hurting/offending/insulting someone when I didn't even intend to hurt/offend/insult that person in the first place. Most of the time, I'm usually already bothered by some issue for a long time, but it just takes a stressful event or a petty incident to spark off my ranting/complaining/whining. So, please don't take it to heart if your details happen to fit my bill for that particular day. It may not be about you. I really don't find pleasure in complaining about a particular person to the public and gaining sympathy/empathy in return.
All that said and done...
On a lighter note,
God has just been amazing! The past few days have been filled with a flurry of events resulting in me walking around like a zombie. Nevertheless, today I was quite the happy zombie. The group presentation went much better than expected thanks to the wonderful group effort contributed by my superb fellow colleagues. Got back my marks for my business test the other day and it way exceeded my expectations. Hmm, maybe a hidden talent in business, Serena? =)
Above all the insignificant things, I've been feeling closer to Him than ever. For some reason, the desperation of life sometimes pushes you for the desperate chasing of a Someone (and for some, a thing). I find my heart more drawn to Him than ever before. What made the difference?
Also,
I've been yearning to resume reading again. A seemingly good book (and I'm sure it'll be super, Christophe!) has landed on my lap and so my eyes are craving a real good read. Just that all the 101 assignments just seem to be getting in the way. Eesh. Be gone with you, work! Hah, wishful thinking doesn't work. I'm sure Joy can attest to this. Hehe...
Then,
I discovered the existence of food blogs! Amazing stuff. I never appreciated food as much as I do now (not that it's not apparent since I am rather prosperous looking...haha). I also contemplated starting a food blog but decided that at this point in time, I have neither exquisite food taste nor the $$$ resources to do so. Maybe, one day lar, if I become some tai-tai with nothing else better to do. So, that idea got thrown out of the window instantly.
Oh,
and I was telling a good friend today that I just may consider cutting down considerably on my addiction. I discovered that it causes cellulite (every girl's nightmare!) and I already have enough to last me and my greatgranddaughters a lifetime! Oh trust me, I do. However, it's still under consideration. Whether or not I can successfully accomplish this mission is another thing altogether. After all, 'tis the season of busyness, stress and sleepless nights.
I deserve a good break. I tell myself everyday that I need a break. And so, every breathing cell in me is waiting for the Raya/Deepavali week-long break that's slowly but surely crawling towards me. Just 3 more weeks to go... Thank God for holidays! Oh, I just can't wait! *gleefully rubbing hands* *does a little celebration jiggy* *ear-to-ear grin*
Goodnight, world! Yes, you. =P
Oh well, I guess in order to play it safe and to avoid anymore future misinterpretations, I shall stick to writing from a third party's perspective (whenever possible). No more specifics. After all, I can't always go around explaining all my actions or feeling bad about hurting/offending/insulting someone when I didn't even intend to hurt/offend/insult that person in the first place. Most of the time, I'm usually already bothered by some issue for a long time, but it just takes a stressful event or a petty incident to spark off my ranting/complaining/whining. So, please don't take it to heart if your details happen to fit my bill for that particular day. It may not be about you. I really don't find pleasure in complaining about a particular person to the public and gaining sympathy/empathy in return.
All that said and done...
On a lighter note,
God has just been amazing! The past few days have been filled with a flurry of events resulting in me walking around like a zombie. Nevertheless, today I was quite the happy zombie. The group presentation went much better than expected thanks to the wonderful group effort contributed by my superb fellow colleagues. Got back my marks for my business test the other day and it way exceeded my expectations. Hmm, maybe a hidden talent in business, Serena? =)
Above all the insignificant things, I've been feeling closer to Him than ever. For some reason, the desperation of life sometimes pushes you for the desperate chasing of a Someone (and for some, a thing). I find my heart more drawn to Him than ever before. What made the difference?
Also,
I've been yearning to resume reading again. A seemingly good book (and I'm sure it'll be super, Christophe!) has landed on my lap and so my eyes are craving a real good read. Just that all the 101 assignments just seem to be getting in the way. Eesh. Be gone with you, work! Hah, wishful thinking doesn't work. I'm sure Joy can attest to this. Hehe...
Then,
I discovered the existence of food blogs! Amazing stuff. I never appreciated food as much as I do now (not that it's not apparent since I am rather prosperous looking...haha). I also contemplated starting a food blog but decided that at this point in time, I have neither exquisite food taste nor the $$$ resources to do so. Maybe, one day lar, if I become some tai-tai with nothing else better to do. So, that idea got thrown out of the window instantly.
Oh,
and I was telling a good friend today that I just may consider cutting down considerably on my addiction. I discovered that it causes cellulite (every girl's nightmare!) and I already have enough to last me and my greatgranddaughters a lifetime! Oh trust me, I do. However, it's still under consideration. Whether or not I can successfully accomplish this mission is another thing altogether. After all, 'tis the season of busyness, stress and sleepless nights.
I deserve a good break. I tell myself everyday that I need a break. And so, every breathing cell in me is waiting for the Raya/Deepavali week-long break that's slowly but surely crawling towards me. Just 3 more weeks to go... Thank God for holidays! Oh, I just can't wait! *gleefully rubbing hands* *does a little celebration jiggy* *ear-to-ear grin*
Goodnight, world! Yes, you. =P

=)
You look positively stunning for a zombie, or anything else for that matter. ;)
World Religions class maybe?
And cut down ler. Stay up on adrenaline. Its fun. Trust the person who uses it.
PS: You have Jamie Oliver in your links. That's so cute, Serena.
^the PS seems like a familiar style of talking...
Posted by
Anonymous |
12:28 AM
who joy? me??
ARTS student mahh. sure got lotttts of work.
...anyone who's got nasty comments have it coming - i will um set sophie on ya! muahahaha...
nana: please. mai panic. what's celulite? more importantly, what's life without a caffeine addiction?!
xo
Posted by
joyfulglee |
2:55 AM
hey girl...
Hmmmm...who's that someone darling?Hehehe
Andrea
Posted by
andrea |
10:31 AM
Hey...
Not sure if you've come across this site... http://www.cookingforengineers.com/
Posted by
synical |
11:49 AM
hey, i think it's a wise decision to cut down on ur addiction coz i just read that it apparently causes one's colesterol lvl to rise-if ur drinking unfiltered coffee that is. but then again, i really don't know what the difference so...
-navee-
Posted by
Anonymous |
7:49 PM
YOU DO NOT HAVE CELLULITE!!!!!!
Posted by
Anonymous |
9:29 PM
wats cellulite? can eat one ar?
Posted by
siah |
10:17 PM
Ephez: thanks. yes, world religions presentation went well. hey, jamie oliver is cool. now, i juz need to make time to try out some of his recipes. hehe.
joy: maybe to u cellulite isn't an issue. to me, it is. it's terrible! haha, and you're probly the only person in the world who's supporting my addiction. One addict for another, huh? =)
andrea: which someone u referring to? =P
soe chin: yes, i've heard of them. thanks.
navee: somehow, at this age, cholesterol doesn't scare me YET. =P
ann: trust me. ADA. in places where I can hide for now, fortunately. but once they come "spilling out", you'll know. haha.....
chuckie: =P
Posted by
Serena |
10:23 PM
I was referring to your "What made the difference" sentence.
And J. Oliver's recipes take less than 10 minutes to make...
Posted by
Anonymous |
11:38 PM
YES! i'm correct. see i told u i am smart... hmm... or am i? =P
Posted by
siah |
2:50 PM
Post a Comment