Series of events

Today was a day of all-went-wrong's...
I rushed in the sweltering heat to an official business meeting only to find out that the actual place wasn't in Bangsar. It was all the way to super-jammed KL. The 'wonders' of miscommunication.
I couldn't find a parking in that mighty huge carpark. Out of sheer desperation, I had to park in some foreign place and prayed for protection like mad as I brisk-walked (again in the scorching sun) for 15 mins to get the shuttle bus. Sure was creepy to walk in some human-forsaken neighbourhood. Yes, yes...I promise not to repeat this.
I was 20 minutes late for my 1-hour tutorial.
In my greed of gobbling like a starved child, I spilled rojak sauce on my clean white top.
I got back my Consumer Behavior assignment to discover that I was deducted 5% of my grade for not including the "word count". It wasn't even a stated requirement. I was supposed to have read my lecturer's mind. Can you believe that? Sigh...
I noticed a deduction of RM100 from my personal bank account for no apparent reason. Too lazy to investigate.
The two girls that I tutor didn't study for the Chem test I was giving them today. Even after countless reminders. Hiyo...and if they don't do well in school, their parents will surely come after me.
My mum forced down a mighty huge cup of the bitter-est Chinese medicine drink for my sore throat. The bitter after-taste is absolutely horrendous. The best I could do was to vow to myself never to put my own daughter through the same ordeal.
I have yet to reply a dozen important emails. Don't even want to touch the computer anymore after this.
Phew. This is a mighty long day.
Nevertheless, I will still sing praises of how good God is! Always......... and forever!
I have never been more relieved to come back home.
Thank You God, for sustaining me.

*Gives Serena a big hug!*
see you soon, gal...hope tmr gets better =)
Posted by
Anonymous |
9:54 PM
Well dont really care if the day went super haywire, but do get well soon. If not then how to handle those wires? (lame i know)
Posted by
siah |
10:30 PM
Hey, take care of yourself. These little trials are going to make you an even finer person one day, think about it =)
Oh, and I know what you meant about the "word count" score deduction. Man, was I furious when I found out that I had one mark out of ten taken off (that's 10%) AND that I would have gotten a perfect score otherwise (which has so far come like once or twice in my short lifetime). But life's not fair. Some have it better, some have it worse, who are we to say who should get what? God is faithful - that is our comfort, even if it's the only one.
God bless, Becky.
Posted by
Anonymous |
8:05 PM
haha....thanks you all. i was really ranting. no harm intended. really appreciate your encouragement.
and becky, i've given up on the grades issue la. There's only so much I can do. The rest I leave in God's hands la.
Posted by
Serena |
11:43 AM
Post a Comment