6 into 2007
With just the blink of an eye, it is already Jan 6th! No wonder the years are passing by so quickly. No wonder people are getting older so quickly. No wonder people are getting married and popping kids so quickly. Everyone except for me (as of now), of course. Haha...
I was just thinking that the measurement of time is so relative. Although it's been established that a year is typically made up of 365 days, that doesn't necessarily have to be the only measurement of your age. Call me being in denial, but I seriously don't feel any bit of becoming 23, as much as I felt about being 22 for the whole of last year. In fact, I still feel 20 or even younger sometimes.
After the countdown, just seconds after New Year's while everyone was throwing balloons and busy hugging each other and exchanging microbacteria in the form of shaking hands, I turned to Cheryl to whisper, "I'm not ready for 2007 yet." And she replied, "Me too." But then, that's just too bad for me, isn't it? The world won't wait for me to be ready. 2007 has already come.
And now, it's already the 6th.
So, I'm wondering, is it redundant to make new year resolutions this time around because I'm still working on some of the remnant goals of 2006's?
One thing I sure am relieved off now is the fact that I FINALLY handed in my final year thesis. Thank God! I thought I'd never live to see that day. Haha. Yay! And it has taken me a few days for the reality to set in so that full-blown joy has finally surfaced!!! Hehe...
And now that I'm finally a young, (and evergreen....haha, I wish, right?) working adult, I can finally go out past midnight! Kekeke... What to do, I live with an overprotective older brother who sometimes loves me so much he plays the second father at home. Now that I am working, he has finally unleashed the overprotectiveness. Woohoo!
Then again, it's still nice to be treated as the youngest baby in the house once in a while. *sniffles* at the memory of being pampered once upon a time...
HAPPY NEW YEAR, everyone!
Hope you make yours happy...it's all about perspective, no?
I was just thinking that the measurement of time is so relative. Although it's been established that a year is typically made up of 365 days, that doesn't necessarily have to be the only measurement of your age. Call me being in denial, but I seriously don't feel any bit of becoming 23, as much as I felt about being 22 for the whole of last year. In fact, I still feel 20 or even younger sometimes.
After the countdown, just seconds after New Year's while everyone was throwing balloons and busy hugging each other and exchanging microbacteria in the form of shaking hands, I turned to Cheryl to whisper, "I'm not ready for 2007 yet." And she replied, "Me too." But then, that's just too bad for me, isn't it? The world won't wait for me to be ready. 2007 has already come.
And now, it's already the 6th.
So, I'm wondering, is it redundant to make new year resolutions this time around because I'm still working on some of the remnant goals of 2006's?
One thing I sure am relieved off now is the fact that I FINALLY handed in my final year thesis. Thank God! I thought I'd never live to see that day. Haha. Yay! And it has taken me a few days for the reality to set in so that full-blown joy has finally surfaced!!! Hehe...
And now that I'm finally a young, (and evergreen....haha, I wish, right?) working adult, I can finally go out past midnight! Kekeke... What to do, I live with an overprotective older brother who sometimes loves me so much he plays the second father at home. Now that I am working, he has finally unleashed the overprotectiveness. Woohoo!
Then again, it's still nice to be treated as the youngest baby in the house once in a while. *sniffles* at the memory of being pampered once upon a time...
HAPPY NEW YEAR, everyone!
Hope you make yours happy...it's all about perspective, no?

Post a Comment