« Home | 6 into 2007 » | The 365th Day » | Worth Talking About » | A miracle in the making! » | Snippets » | Thank you, babe » | To The One » | Post-wedding » | Finally the first! » | The power of stress »

My favourite 23 moments

Instead of complaining about turning a year older very soon, this year I've decided to start a personal tradition (thanks to the brilliant idea of a fellow blogger). I mean, if you're gonna be reading so many blogs, you had better learn something.

What are my favourite 23 moments of last year? (in no particular order of preference)

1. Leading Happles CG with Sexy.
I really savored the ups and the downs. No easy feat, definitely; all the more, it will leave an indellible mark in my memory.

2. Yong Tau Fu sessions with the guys.
Driving more than 30km just to eat yong tau fu on Friday afternoons is something I find that my guy friends would do, with no questions asked. The sheer joy of seeing them go chomp chomp chomp is enough to fill my tummy.

3. Crossing the finish line for that 10km run for the first time.
All my life, I never thought I could do sports. And so I never tried. Now that I have tried, I discovered this side of myself that I've come to love! There's definitely gonna be space for more runs this year!

4. Witnessing a fellow leader and friend get hitched at the start of the year.
Weddings are always a much-anticipated occasion for me, simply because I love to watch two people who love each other, commit to leading their lives together. After one year, they're still very much in love and blissfully married. *happy sigh*

5. Receiving a surprise SMS out of the blue (from my dear pastor and mentor who's moved on to Aussie).
It's nice to know that my dear pastor has improved his SMS skills and actually sent an SMS consisting of more than 10 words! Definitely a first, and will definitely be remembered! Hehe...

6. Sipping hot latte at Starbucks in Borders, The Curve, while reading for hours.
Nothing, absolutely nothing, beats sitting down with a good book and good coffee, while good music in the background serenades you. Put me on an island with nothing but that, and I will be contented soul. Really.

7. Giving private English lessons to a Korean student.
I learnt so much from the student that I feel as if I've had Korea visit me instead of me having to make a trip there! This is truly an amazing experience. If ever given the opportunity again, I would surely seize it.

8. Swimming with Ann, Cherie, Sexy and Val at Isaac's place.
Those were the days la, when we attempted to be healthy. Swish, swoosh, sploosh, and splash were my favourite sounds during those sessions. After swimming, of course, we would go for good food. Hehe....

9. The shiny, squeaky look of the bathroom, after a real, good scrub.
I have a thing about dirty bathrooms. And that's why I think God is teaching me real patience when he allowed me to live with a brother who doesn't seem to understand what it means to keep the bathroom clean. (New year resolution: stop murmuring.) Oh, I love my brother. I love my brother. I love my brother.

10. Finding out that one of my closest friends got attached!
Haha...and to think just less than a year ago, I'm sure she had no idea it'd be happening so soon. I'm truly so happy to share her joy because she has gained a really good man and him, a good woman!

11. Eating Pizza Uno's ultra-can-kill tiramisu.
This is the killer. If ever I choose to go broke because of my love for food, it will have to be for this. I loooooove the lightness of this deeeeliiiiiiiiiiciiiiious cake. Every scoop just leaves you dying for more. I had better be careful if I don't ever want the devil to tempt me with tiramisu.

12. Kissing the cutest puppy-in-the-world's forehead and having it lick my face.
There's something about puppies, isn't there? The difference between a cute puppy and a cute baby is that one licks your face and one pretty much doesn't care. Haha. Of course babies still top the list. But the experience of a hungry little creature licking at your face, as if it could be satiated with it, is enough to warm even the coldest heart. =)

13. Praying and interceding together with the leadership team for Paul.
I remember looking at him many random moments recently, and just thanking God for His faithfulness in Paul's life. I hope that we don't stop upholding him in prayer.

14. Beaming with pride as I watched with awe, the YC Rally's Speechless mime.
I never saw such a marvellous production in my life! It literally sent chills down my spine at the right moments and melted my heart in so many ways. It struck a chord within me. It was so real.

15. Attending Cherie's after-graduation-ceremony-party.
I was so proud of her! And just watching her being so happy, was enough for me.

16. Shopping sprees with Jamie.
It is rare to find a shopping partner who completely understands your taste, and at the same time, isn't afraid to tell you if you don't look nice in something. She has stopped me from making many foolish purchases and yet allowed me to purchase items for self-pampering at the most appropriate of times. I really give her credit for being so selfless everytime - sacrificing her time, and yet eagerly accompanying me. I have learnt so much from her.

17. Forced-to-stayup-and-study night sessions with Jamie.
It seems that cramming last minute is the way to go for we seem to do that every semester! Haha...The snacking, the sneaky moments of watching TV, reading magazines and napping are some of the happiest times I've had.

18. Strapped-to-the-computer-lab-chair marathons with Dimple and having tons of coffee breaks in between.
I'll usually be blasting my music while Dimple blasts her Hindi songs. Growing panda-eyes together. Sipping coffee together. Whenever I run out of supplies, I can rely on her to instantly whip out a satchet. Whenever the gastric pangs start, I can rely on her to whip out a packet of biscuits or some bread somewhere. We have also had many running sessions together, attempting to hand in our assignments just in the nick of time. Haha...I will surely miss you so, da!

19. Running in the hot sun in the middle of the day to hand in a group assignment (and handed in at the very last second before the deadline).
This definitely qualifies me being fit, right? =P

20. Discovering that I can actually learn how to use Photoshop and Illustrator (and quite liking it too!).
I never thought that I could do anything quite near the likes of multimedia and technology. Well, thanks to a great lecturer, Mr. J, I dare say I am quite ok. Hehe...

21. Eating the best nyonya laksa in Melaka.
This, I must have more of.

22. My first sale on Ebay! =)
It felt great! I can actually do business! Hehe....

23. Submitting my final year thesis to my lecturer (finally! it is finished!)
Seriously, I don't know how I did it. All God's grace. The feeling of surrender is greater than great. I am finally done with my undergraduate life. Welcome me, working world!

Woohoo!!! I'm featured in no. 10!! wheeee...

now now.. I'm waiting for the time I can say the same about u!!

*does not need to be named ;) You know me by everything else.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Serena
  • From Malaysia
  • Currently Reading The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer, The World is Flat by Thomas Friedman, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
My profile

Links