« Home | Dear YOU » | What is fair? » | 07.07.07 - Mr. & Mrs. Benny Mun » | CLICK ME » | Goodbyes are eye-openers » | Mid-Year Pitstop » | The little things » | A.Pause. » | There you go » | Hello!heheahaha »

Teach me

Teach me, Lord, to walk in Your ways,
To discern the difference between fun and craze.

Teach me, Lord, to love You the most,
To realize that all other loves could never come close.

Teach me, Lord, to long after You,
To desire to walk, play, and commune anew.

Teach me, Lord, to fly on Your wings,
To first seek You, and last seek all other things.

Teach me, Lord, to quieten the soul,
To master the restlessness, so I can be whole.

Teach me, Lord, which way that I should go,
So I can walk with confidence and not look below.

Teach me, Lord, to love with my heart and not with my mind,
When all I want to do is speak things unkind.

Teach me, Lord, to not tire of being still,
For in Your presence is where I am healed.

Teach me, Lord, to celebrate all things good and fun,
But to allow sorrow to have its way, when there's no more sun.

Last of all, teach me, Lord, to want only You,
That no matter what happens, my only constant remains as You.

About me

  • I'm Serena
  • From Malaysia
  • Currently Reading The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer, The World is Flat by Thomas Friedman, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
My profile

Links