Social Concern Day
I'm so glad for today. Today, I was reminded about my purpose as a budding psychologist. Somehow, I was reassured yet again that I'm in the right place. However, at times when the stress gets too much to bear and I'm overwhelmed with workload, I tend to forget why I'm doing what I'm doing. Sometimes, I personally feel that I've lost focus. Gone off track. Missed the mark.
But today as I heard the very words that I needed to hear flying out of extraordinary ordinary people like Pax Tan (Malaysian Care) and Ivy Josiah (Women's Aid Organization), I felt that they struck a chord within me. Resonance.
I keep on wishing that I've more time. But it really finally hit me - it's a choice. Making more time for things that are dear to my heart is a choice. Being too busy for my own good is also a choice. Sleeping so little is also a choice. Yet, all these while I've blamed God-knows-what for all my stress and sleeplessness. I've kept on justifying my crazily hectic lifestyle. When ultimately, as much as I don't want to admit it, I chose to live my life this way.
Am I happy?
Honestly, no. There're many other items on my to-do list which I dream of making come true one fine day. I keep on telling myself, I'll do so later. But, what if it only becomes worse when I start working? I realized that in order to do some of the things, I needed to cultivate the habit of doing so NOW, not later.
Hmph, definitely need a revamp of my current lifestyle.
Normally, I would be really upset at having to wait for the bus to arrive for 1000 years (ok, so I'm exaggerating...haha). But despite the entire 2-hour journey (yup, that's how long I took to get home today. Sigh.), I'm glad I managed to submerge myself into a world of forgotten dreams. As I sat there at that horrendously polluted bus stop, I was busy reviewing and reevaluating the major haul that I needed to do. I choose to live a life that counts. I choose to live a life that isn't just all about me, myself and I.
How about you?
But today as I heard the very words that I needed to hear flying out of extraordinary ordinary people like Pax Tan (Malaysian Care) and Ivy Josiah (Women's Aid Organization), I felt that they struck a chord within me. Resonance.
I keep on wishing that I've more time. But it really finally hit me - it's a choice. Making more time for things that are dear to my heart is a choice. Being too busy for my own good is also a choice. Sleeping so little is also a choice. Yet, all these while I've blamed God-knows-what for all my stress and sleeplessness. I've kept on justifying my crazily hectic lifestyle. When ultimately, as much as I don't want to admit it, I chose to live my life this way.
Am I happy?
Honestly, no. There're many other items on my to-do list which I dream of making come true one fine day. I keep on telling myself, I'll do so later. But, what if it only becomes worse when I start working? I realized that in order to do some of the things, I needed to cultivate the habit of doing so NOW, not later.
Hmph, definitely need a revamp of my current lifestyle.
Normally, I would be really upset at having to wait for the bus to arrive for 1000 years (ok, so I'm exaggerating...haha). But despite the entire 2-hour journey (yup, that's how long I took to get home today. Sigh.), I'm glad I managed to submerge myself into a world of forgotten dreams. As I sat there at that horrendously polluted bus stop, I was busy reviewing and reevaluating the major haul that I needed to do. I choose to live a life that counts. I choose to live a life that isn't just all about me, myself and I.
How about you?

wargh har har har... major overhaul... tell me about it...=)
you still can say wat u want to say, jst dont bother wat ppl tell u in response to wat you say mah can lor. erm... bit confusin but got point in there one. lazy to explain.
oh yeah. have a great weekend. wont be seein u this week cos will be in KULIM!!! so happy man... but will dread it later for FYP.=) oh well!
to the loo(toodleloo cinapek style) = tata...=p
Posted by
siah |
2:57 PM
Post a Comment