I am woman
I attended a women's conference in church recently. Many of my peers reacted in strange ways when they found out. I wonder why. Am I not a woman?
Honestly, I didn't start out with a positive attitude. I don't know why I signed up even because nobody I knew was going, except for my mum. And if you know me well, you'll know that my mum and I aren't the closest of friends. We barely get along with each other. So yah, I really don't know what compelled me to just go despite my unwillingness. Maybe it was out of obligation of having to look out for my mum since she is still in the process of recovering from a sprained and swollen foot.
But now, I am certain that God wanted me to be there.
I looked around and I immediately realized that I was one of the youngest ladies in the room. Nevermind that.
But would you believe it that every single word uttered out of the speaker's mouth was relevant to me? Me, a 22-year-old single girl, in the midst of many middle-aged, married women.
I have never been hit so hard with the truth that it left me stunned for awhile, only to leave a lingering thirst afterward. I have never been hungrier for more.
I can't believe the amount of lies I let get to me for so so long. I've lived for so long in those lies that I've started to believe they were the truth. Worst of all, I had almost lost who I am in the midst of seeking out a future for myself.
Sheen, I can only say that FINALLY, I believe that this is where God wants me to be. Finally, I BELIEVE that He will make me as fulfilled as can be just right where I am.
I went, a bitter person, angry at God for the various complaints in my heart. I came back home, reconciled and restored as a woman.
As a beautiful and most precious child of God.
That is who I am.
And it is only the beginning.
Honestly, I didn't start out with a positive attitude. I don't know why I signed up even because nobody I knew was going, except for my mum. And if you know me well, you'll know that my mum and I aren't the closest of friends. We barely get along with each other. So yah, I really don't know what compelled me to just go despite my unwillingness. Maybe it was out of obligation of having to look out for my mum since she is still in the process of recovering from a sprained and swollen foot.
But now, I am certain that God wanted me to be there.
I looked around and I immediately realized that I was one of the youngest ladies in the room. Nevermind that.
But would you believe it that every single word uttered out of the speaker's mouth was relevant to me? Me, a 22-year-old single girl, in the midst of many middle-aged, married women.
I have never been hit so hard with the truth that it left me stunned for awhile, only to leave a lingering thirst afterward. I have never been hungrier for more.
I can't believe the amount of lies I let get to me for so so long. I've lived for so long in those lies that I've started to believe they were the truth. Worst of all, I had almost lost who I am in the midst of seeking out a future for myself.
Sheen, I can only say that FINALLY, I believe that this is where God wants me to be. Finally, I BELIEVE that He will make me as fulfilled as can be just right where I am.
I went, a bitter person, angry at God for the various complaints in my heart. I came back home, reconciled and restored as a woman.
As a beautiful and most precious child of God.
That is who I am.
And it is only the beginning.

serena i envy u so much...
hugs but i'm happy for you too
Posted by
Jo |
4:46 PM
The Lord reconciles in many ways; I can only pray that you continue to set your sights on Him, pursuing an intimate and personal relationship with Him.
Posted by
Anonymous |
12:27 PM
Glad you went to the conference. I used to go for prayer conference, consultation and many other 'adults' conference, always being the youngest in the crowd. It marvelled myself, puzzled my mom and irritated my dad. And Anna hated me lots for it. But the amount of blessings I have gained thru these conferences built me up into the woman I am today. I am spiritually built to guide the little ones below me.
Hope your walk with God will be closer each day. It's not easy to maintain the intimacy with God, but when you really want it, it can be done! I am with you in prayer!
Posted by
Cmate |
2:23 PM
heres a toast to a great woman, YOU. Happy mothers day! :)
*cheers*
Posted by
Astrorat |
3:55 PM
woman,
....why isthere no reply from you?
sook
Posted by
Anonymous |
6:59 AM
further proof that you're old, Ms. In =)
Posted by
Anonymous |
7:17 AM
Raam, i'm not sure whether to laugh or say ur being mean. I agree on the first part, but i think i shall save that wish for WHEN she becomes a mom. But really Serena, ur a fine young woman, if i do say so myself. take care, YOU!
Posted by
Anonymous |
9:27 PM
joey: nothing to envy ler...
kevin: err...your email reply is on the way. i think it got lost somewhere in my mailbox. haha..hv fun in switzerland!
gina: thanks for the encouragement.
raam: hehe...i actually got a cake for mother's day....*shy*
oon-yow: eh, stop calling me "teacher" la. not worthy of that name.
navee: i SIMPLY miss u! =(
Posted by
Serena |
8:53 AM
Post a Comment