« Home | Fond of Fondue » | A cheer for Cheer » | Spoilt for choice » | Appreciation #3 » | Confirm-firm » | Tremors » | I shall boast... » | New Beginning » | Masters in Character Acquisition » | Holidaying + Working = Holidaying »

Crushes

So, what's your story?

Someone inspired me to reminisce on this. So I shall. Now, that I am an adult, walking down memory lane to revisit my childhood and adolescent years appears to be quite tempting. It'd be nice to "look back and laugh". =)

And please, no prizes for guessing. Speculate all you want (for you nosey-parkers out there), but I'm not telling...

------------------------------------------
My First Crush

Haha. He was a friend's older brother. I think I was about 10 then. I was quite "smittened" that I would think about him all day long. Funny how I never really talked to him proper but would only watch him from afar every time I played at my friend's house. I even carved his initials on my classroom desk, only to be teased by my classmates who threatened to rat on me. Lola-chi, don't you dare! Haha....

What caught my young eyes was the fact that he loved music, could play the guitar but most importantly, he was so cute! (obviously, my definition of cute has changed since then!) He had this spunky attitude about him that was so adorable too. Did I mention that he had dimples? Oohh...dimples are a killer!

The most ridiculous thing I did would be the time when I begged my friend to accompany me to the school public phone to prank call him, just so I could hear his voice. Everytime the moment he picked up, out of sheer panic, I would immediately hang up without saying a single thing. I did this not once, not twice; at least 3 times! Sigh, the meekness of a 10-year-old!

I think it lasted somewhat long. After nearly 2 years of hopeless pining, I finally came to my senses and realized that since this guy was never going to realize my existence, I had better stop dreaming and wishing la. Time to move on.

I recently saw this person again after say, 10 years of not seeing him? Haha...I literally choked on my own saliva because I was immediately reconciled with split-second childhood fantasies that never quite came true. So funny. Ah, but now that I'm much older, I actually summed up enough courage to smile at him and even said hi. I've made progress. Haha....

----------------------------------------
My Second Crush

He smiled at me. I smiled at him. He said hello. I said hello.

He was really cute. Ooohh...melted my heart each time he smiled. I was smittened from the start.

By this time, I had gotten a little smarter. No more of "dreaming from a distance". I actually got to know this person. Being the faithful l'il girl that I was, I actually liked the guy for a number of years!

But too bad, it just wasn't meant to be, I guess. I'm glad nothing blossomed from there because I was so young then. What did I know? Then again, who knows what might have happened right? Oh well, it sure was fun and exciting while it lasted. It was quite a lovely experience, albeit it didn't have a fairytale ending.

----------------------------------------
My Third Crush

By now, you would think that I would have a good idea of what kind of guy I would be attracted to. No, this guy was almost a complete opposite of the previous crush. Haha.... This too, lasted somewhat long.

Again, I finally came to the conclusion that nothing would ever come to past. And so, I moved on again.

We've remained friends till this day, thank God.

----------------------------------------
Others in between

My girlfriends used to call me boy-crazy. Looking back, I think I have no choice but to acquiesce them. After the 3 long crushes, I've had only too many minor and short ones in between to count. Sigh, what is a girl to do with all these feelings? Haha...I knew that I was getting really bad when I even had a crush on someone younger by nearly 3 years! Now, that's crazy. Unc Mike had better not read this post or I'd surely get an email all the way from Adelaide, asking me to stop thinking about guys and FOCUS! Haha....maybe that was my motive in the first place. To get his attention. =P


----------------------------------------
Today

Hahaha... I'm smiling now at all the memories of the silliest things I used to do whenever I was in a crush. I, being the resoureful person that I am, have gone to extensive efforts just to find out all about that person. Hours, I'd spend on reading up on that person through school magazines, friendster profiles, chat on ICQ (when this was very 'heng'), write letters and emails, etc.

Well, no more time for such things anymore today. I'd much rather spend time finding out about the One whom I've fallen absolutely in love with all over again. And it's amazing how all I really just want to do every day is to seek out this Person's company. The best part is that I don't have to watch from afar. No more pining. No more "hoping" only to be disappointed. No more crushes; only what's real this time.

It's absolutely wonderful to bask in Someone's love.

I'm so in love with YOU.

HAHAHAHA!! I know I know your first ever crush!! I can still remember the initials and the day you wrote them and how I will never let you go. haha, why do you think that it's only me who will remember the initials?? *teeheehee* Are you gonna bribe me now? It'll take lotsa hugs and kisses..

As for your second and third crushes.. hehe I think i know who too! What a wonderful thing to have a great memory but moreso, it shows how close we both are despite the distance that has separated us for the past 8 years now.

Btw, I'll have choc fondue with you when I get back. It's easy. No need the fancy restaurants and you can choose all the fruits you love in abundance.

Was glad to hear your voice last night ;)

-lolachi-

Awwwww.........a romantic at heart eh???? ;)
Gosh, you surprise more and more everytime gal.... ;)

Btw, I like the new 'title' to your blog ;)

i dont know any ! ahhaa
i think i remember the initials laura used to tease you but.. hmm it's faint some how =P
u making me drool for chocolate fondue too

-cheryleong

cheryl: i can't wait for the choc version lor. ur blog alwiz makes me drool too ok! hahaha...

choo: hey, i've always been a romantic! last time i'd call myself hopeless romantic. now maybe, "hopeful"? keke... and ya, the title describes this point in my life. =) thanks!

lolachi: your lips are sealed! =P

3 year, phew, not me. Kakaka

Not that i wouldn't want it. =P

Forgot to pry. How long a go was the 3 years younger one, coz at your age of (undisclosed) today, it's not that big a gap.

ephez: eh, pry apa? i kenal banyak lelaki dari beberapa tempat selain drpd kolej la! =P

I'm not prying for people i KNOW. I'm just prying for how old the bloke is when you got that crush.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Serena
  • From Malaysia
  • Currently Reading The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer, The World is Flat by Thomas Friedman, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
My profile

Links