Is willpower enough?

It's funny how you can have the best intentions and the best plans laid out, only to have LIFE come and turn them all upside down.
Ah, I believe I hear those amens coming my way. =)
Thank God I have fully recovered from my 2 week bout of horrible flu and cough. But alas, the marathon is in 2 days' time. As I've been mentioning to my friends, whatever stamina I had worked up prior to being sick has all diminished.
So, is willpower enough?
Maybe if I envision Tom Cruise standing at the finish line, I just might make it. Or if I were to be awarded RM1 million. Better still, if my best pals were to be cheering me on the entire time. *hint* Hahaha.... Bless the Happles' souls for having such good faith in me. Bless my own lady pastor who somehow believes that I might even become famous overnight by winning 1st place. How can I not love Rose even more? =)
Anyway, I'm all set to go. Just need to do some last minute shoe-mending, getting me a new pair of socks (since the old ones all have a hole somewhere) and hydrating myself (which of course includes LESS coffee-drinking).
If I make it, I owe my thanks to God and of course, my willpower.

Post a Comment