From murmuring to thankfulness
It's all about having the right attitude.
From the moment I started this sem - final sem of my undergraduate life - I have been doing nothing but worrying, stressing out, but most of all, murmuring. Just thinking about my extensive and intensive workload is enough to set my heart in complain mode.
Murmur. Murmur. Murmur.
While jogging today, it suddenly hit me. (I thank God for the quiet moments I have while rhythmically pacing the roads because it is then when I actually force myself to shut up so that I actually open my ears.)
And while I was throwing out all my prayer requests and uttering desperate cries of help, a thought came to mind - GIVE THANKS.
Oh no, let me have my fun in complaining. I don't want to give thanks. There is absolutely nothing to be thankful for these days, save for work, stress and more work. But again, the thought persisted. Finally relenting, I started to be quiet and asked God, 'What do I have to be thankful for?'
Almost immediately, I was reminded of how I never thought I'd be able to study in a private university. How my family was against me studying the course that I am studying and loving every bit of it. And to have come so far, right till the very final sem, it can only be God.
It can only be God.
It was then that I was chastised and hence, repented. How could I complain when God has brought me so far? When He saw to it that there was provision for my every need and so much more?
Oh, how often I've taken it for granted that I deserve to be where I am. Coz I worked so hard after all, didn't I? No. That's not true. There are some things in life that you know is beyond human possibility. Beyond human reasoning and beyond "normality". Beyond our mistakes and mess-up moments. Even when I failed. He came through for me. Every single time.
And it can only be God.
From today onwards, help me, Lord to do what I have to do with a grateful heart.
From the moment I started this sem - final sem of my undergraduate life - I have been doing nothing but worrying, stressing out, but most of all, murmuring. Just thinking about my extensive and intensive workload is enough to set my heart in complain mode.
Murmur. Murmur. Murmur.
While jogging today, it suddenly hit me. (I thank God for the quiet moments I have while rhythmically pacing the roads because it is then when I actually force myself to shut up so that I actually open my ears.)
And while I was throwing out all my prayer requests and uttering desperate cries of help, a thought came to mind - GIVE THANKS.
Oh no, let me have my fun in complaining. I don't want to give thanks. There is absolutely nothing to be thankful for these days, save for work, stress and more work. But again, the thought persisted. Finally relenting, I started to be quiet and asked God, 'What do I have to be thankful for?'
Almost immediately, I was reminded of how I never thought I'd be able to study in a private university. How my family was against me studying the course that I am studying and loving every bit of it. And to have come so far, right till the very final sem, it can only be God.
It can only be God.
It was then that I was chastised and hence, repented. How could I complain when God has brought me so far? When He saw to it that there was provision for my every need and so much more?
Oh, how often I've taken it for granted that I deserve to be where I am. Coz I worked so hard after all, didn't I? No. That's not true. There are some things in life that you know is beyond human possibility. Beyond human reasoning and beyond "normality". Beyond our mistakes and mess-up moments. Even when I failed. He came through for me. Every single time.
And it can only be God.
From today onwards, help me, Lord to do what I have to do with a grateful heart.

Post a Comment