« Home | I want to... » | A whole new world? » | Seasons come, seasons go » | *Pant* » | ...Continuation? » | Post-it » | On Career & Marriage » | Spontaneous Snippet » | To the Big Man in my life » | How to enjoy studying »

Spontaneity Spree


Hehe...

Yesterday I went to MPH and for the first time in my life bought 2 books within 10 minutes!

It's not like I had it planned at all. In fact, my wallet was running so dry that I was starting to mentally prepare myself to consume bread and water for the next few weeks. Somehow my body thought otherwise and was led by my legs to the nearest ATM to withdraw some ringgit. Next thing I knew, I was in MPH, asking the store assistant for a recommended book title, then I was waltzed to the directed aisle, my hands whisked the book of its shelf and my legs then marched to the counter to pay for it.

Those who know me well know that I don't normally behave in such fashion. I used to browse the shelves of Borders and MPH for hours only to end up walking out empty-handed; almost everytime I would promise to buy the books I wanted one fine day. But no, yesterday, something in me reached into banks of "untouchable" savings in order to purchase 2 books.

Oh, but it feels great.

One thing in life that I don't compromise spending on is books. I've loved them for as long as I can remember and I've always forked out sinful amounts out of my allowance just to buy some more paperbacks, only to justify later why I would prefer starving than be deprived of them books.

Ok, so maybe I know that I am bordering on obsessive when I compare the price of every meal that I eat outside with the amount of books I could have bought. Yah, that meal at Madam Kwan's last month could have bought me half a book. Or the meal at Cafe X last week could have bought me a quarter of that book. Haha...can't help it. Been a bookworm for as long as I can remember. And I treasure that part of myself. Now you see why sometimes I prefer to curl up with a book at home rather than go out socializing. That's that introverted side of me.

Of course, that only means that now I have to eat bread and water for half of November as well. That's ok, seeing as to how I would want to look nice and not "ooglie-wooglie" for my bro's wedding in late November; I say that would fit very well into my plan. Heh.

About me

  • I'm Serena
  • From Malaysia
  • Currently Reading The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer, The World is Flat by Thomas Friedman, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
My profile

Links