One for the Bookies

This was a good book in the sense that the author managed to fit in medical terminology with all the family's drama and mess. My only grouse is that the ending was really unexpected - sliced right through my hard.
The worst part is how I had to read the ending just before sleeping. Note to self: Never read the ending of a book before sleeping. It just hangs over you, especially if you don't like the ending. I even feel like writing to the author to change the ending. Haha. That's me la. Cannot take it when I've read 387 pages to get that kinda epilogue. I woke up this morning and I immediately remembered the ending and wanted to strangle the author. Haha...
Anyhow, I'm glad I finally finished a thick book. It's been a while since I was able to do proper reading. I have a long list of books I intend to finish. At least, I can multitask in this area; find I enjoy books most when I read a few different genres at once. Gives my brain some space and balance.
I'm onto the other book now, The World is Flat. Heard so much raving reviews about it, especially recommended by my political science lecturer.
I find I usually read a book proper only when I fall sick. Hmm...

Post a Comment