On a mission

Post exams, I am finally thinking straight again. I have decided to severely cut down on my coffee intake because I have come to realize that I am behaving in similar fashion to that of drug addicts.
Throughout the stressful weeks of exams and assignment deadlines, I was downing a minimum of 5 cups daily. On some bad days, it went up to a maximum of 7. I know that 7 is a very nice number but when it is the number of cups of coffee that you are drinking, it is bad...very bad.
For the sake of my own body, as well as my future generations, I shall attempt to reduce my intake to 3 cups first.
Hopefully, by Christmas, I can reduce it to 2.
Sounds fairly easy to you normal people, right? But you have no idea what a struggle it is for me. I drink coffee more than I drink water nowadays. A very bad bad thing. Yesterday I tried not drinking coffee before going to YC, I had a headache for the entire service. Looks like I overestimated my body's ability to adapt to changes this quickly.
Hmm...the day I get to quit this addiction of mine, blue pigs will fly.

Operant conditioning! I feel sadistic now...
Posted by
Anonymous |
3:44 AM
Praying for you!!! Haha!
Posted by
Cmate |
8:20 AM
I used to say red pigs will fly but now come to thik of it, blue's a much nicer color for them pigs;)
Will ask God to help you with the reduction....take carez.
-navee-
Posted by
Anonymous |
9:09 AM
ephez: yes, you sadistic person. eh please, as if i haven't tried operant conditioning all these years la. sometimes, it takes more than a technique la, friend. for me, what works is to get out of the house the entire day and stay busy and use up all my energy so that I just come home in time to sleep. =)
gina: haha...thanks for praying but really, it's ok!
navee: haha...it's funny, you don't have to put your name anymore because I've kinda learnt to recognize your writing style. =) and yes, can u imagine blue pigs? cute right? hehe.... looks like they're out of oxygen or something. hehe...
Posted by
Serena |
11:02 AM
Won't you crave coffee after a tiring day? Maybe your punishment is not severe enough. Kekeke. For every cup of coffee, no computer for one week.
Posted by
Anonymous |
1:41 AM
haha...too bad it won't work that way. i'm more a supporter or positive reinforcement all the way! haha...
Posted by
Serena |
10:39 AM
Post a Comment