« Home | A look of relief on all our faces after our last ... » | My results » | Of holiday-ing » | Of Christmas and Cheesecakes » | Half-way everything » | Another short one » | » | On a mission » | Freedom is the song that I sing » | It all boils down to motives »

The joy of receiving presents

I apologize for the out-of-nowhere photo in the post below. While I was supposed to be lying in bed, nursing my horrid stuffed-up nose, I was too bored and so I tried uploading photos of most of my holiday activities. However, the server was way too slow yesterday, and so I gave up after one pathetic, snail-paced upload. When my patience is on a safe level, I shall give it a second try another day ok? =)

Anyway, I started the first day of my sem today. I was particularly excited about the new sem again. I feel like a young child sometimes, being excited and all about uni like I used to be about the first day of school. I was so excited that I actually had trouble sleeping the night before that. Haha, yes, that's the nerd in me for you. =) Stop snickering, Sheen & Joy. =P

And I thank God that it was a GREAT first day. I actually loved today and today was a Monday. That's something new for me. The first thing that greeted me was a nice gift from a friend who had recently left to further her studies in the US. Instead of me giving her a farewell present, she got me one instead. Talk about pleasant surprises! And brownie points for who can guess what she gave me. Haha...COFFEE! Ok, it is at this point that I'd like to make a statement to all my dear, loving and thoughtful friends. I know how much you love me and would love to FEED my addiction, but I currently have this amount of coffee to finish (kindly refer to picture below):



And so, unless you intend to send me to a rehab centre for coffeeholics soon, you shall not feed my addiction any further. Besides, my pathetic machine that somewhat resembles a coffeemaker can only make up to 2-3 cups each time. So imagine the process of finishing up the scrumptious coffee that all you darlings have given to me, would be a painfully long one. =) Nevertheless, I am EXTREMELY grateful to all who have so kindly forked out a large sum of money to buy me those coffee beans. As much as I love it, I would never dare to spend such large (perhaps, even sinful? hehe....) amounts of money in order to treat myself to such luxury. So thank you for pampering me. I truly appreciate it. But let's be practical, no matter how greedy Serena is, she could not finish all that coffee in time before they all lose their grand aroma. I promise to send out a red alert when I do run out of my supplies one day ok? Deal.

However, you are open to treating me to coffee dates. *huge & greedy grin*

Btw, for those who don't know, I have a thing about drinking coffee from my coffee cup. At home, I use different cups for different drinks and beverages. For tea, I have another cup. Yeah yeah, it's something about me I can't figure out. Somehow, drinking coffee from the coffee cup gives it the oomph. Since I am on this topic, let me introduce to you my faithful companion every morning and just about every study session:



Don't you think it's absolutely beautiful? Well, I think it is. =) The bright colors are enough to brighten my day each time I gaze at the cup. And woe be to whomever dares to steal, break or lose my cup. At the moment, I daren't think about what I will do to that person.


Back to my first day. Just when I was already happy enough and skipping all around CFP, I went to pop by my lecturer's office to say hi. Guess what? She hands me an early birthday present! And it is none other than a book! The crazy, bookloving part of me squealed in delight! Even more so, when I opened it to discover that it was Memoirs of a Geisha. You see, sometime ago I bought a copy of it and read it. But somehow at that time, I didn't really like the cover of the book but I had to make do because I was desperate to read it. And so when she gave me the book with the cover that I absolutely love, I was ecstatic! I know some of you must think I am crazy for being so particular about book covers...but I can't help it! It's something about being a book collector that I am particular about the binding, the quality of the printing, font size and most importantly, the cover! After all, that's what they pay artists and graphic designers for, isn't it? To please fussy people like me! Hehe.... Of course, not forgetting, the smell of the book is of utmost importance too. I simply cannot read a smelly book. And oh, how I love the smell of old books. Ahh...nostalgia (for your info, that is Isaac's favorite word). =P (You wait, one day I'll get back at you.)

And so now, greedy me has two copies of the book which I do like the style of writing very much. I shall think about what I am going to do with the extra one. Since I have a thing about keeping presents from special people and friends, I will definitely keep my latest collection.

All in all, I just have one thing to say - I am truly so blessed. I sometimes think I really don't deserve half the things of what people have been blessing me. But that's my God for you. He loves me so much that He just showers me with everything I've ever needed or wanted. Right down to the smallest, silent desire. And if He can provide right to the details, I will again reiterate how assured I am that He will provide for the rest of the journey. Best of all, I am reminded again and again of how much He truly loves me. And all those gifts that I've received can only pale in comparison to the wonders and (immeasurable) magnitude of His amazing love!

Are you loved today?

nah. i'm still waiting for you to give me a letter. whahahahhaha. stop receiving for goodness sake! and spread the love. :P
sook

ooohhhh ... coffeee .... coffee ... coffee ... coffeeeeee ... haha

sook: i can't help it if staying in Msia has its benefits! =P i am spreading the looooveee...just not to somebody in canada. haha...ouch! =P

Shungz: that makes us instant buddies. haha.

oh i see. yes, i guess i can be gracious if you feel that way.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Serena
  • From Malaysia
  • Currently Reading The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer, The World is Flat by Thomas Friedman, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
My profile

Links