Worth Talking About
Wow, it's been awhile, hasn't it?
In a span of two weeks, I have shifted from
student, stressed-until-I-want-to-pull-every-strand-of-hair-out,
to
teaching assistant, stressed-free-at-work-but-for-the-sake-of-personal-conscience-have-attempted-to-look-busy-at-work!
Haha...
All I can say is that I THANK GOD for dropping this job in my lap!
I could very well attribute it to my hard work (or the lack of it), or whatever favorable circumstances have come my way...but only I know that to Whom, ALL CREDIT belongs to.
Sometimes I struggle with wanting to be politically correct, not wanting to offend some. and so I am often selective with what I choose to write about. But at times like these, I find the choice is simple. Just tell it as it is. Speak the truth.
The only reason I am where I am today is all because I have a God who is Bigger than my circumstances, Bigger than my personal capabilities and Bigger than any human. There is no logical explanation for so many things. People often have a particular perception about me and often attribute it to "good genes", etc. If ever I have any good genes, I know from Whom I inherited them all from.
From my Heavenly Father, who has failed me not even once and will never cease to amaze me.
Even though the path ahead seems a little bleak...it's a nice sorta bleak. It's where you know you can't really see ahead because of the fog that surrounds you...but you know that you can sit back and relax because Someone else is steering the wheel.
By the way, I have yet to submit my thesis. That in itself is another story of grace and I shall call it a miracle!
Nevertheless, it has been such a thrilling adventure! I have learnt to savour both the bitter and the sweet moments. I have learnt to walk in the midst of solitude and silence. I have learnt to just throw my hands in the air and just laugh. It really is as simple as that.
When you start living for the Master, life seems so much less complicated. It sure is easier than serving ten other masters.
'Tis is a time of celebration of past sorrows, present silence and future joys.
So I won't apologize for sounding spiritual. And neither will I feel self-conscious about it. Because this is worth talking about. I've realized more than ever that my life is really all about Him. You can chase all your dreams with all your heart. But if you don't even know where your heart is in the first place, you won't really get anywhere. At least, I know and I choose to Whom I have pledged my allegiance.
There is no other.
It is literally Him, or nothing at all.
My dear Jesus, there is no other.
In a span of two weeks, I have shifted from
student, stressed-until-I-want-to-pull-every-strand-of-hair-out,
to
teaching assistant, stressed-free-at-work-but-for-the-sake-of-personal-conscience-have-attempted-to-look-busy-at-work!
Haha...
All I can say is that I THANK GOD for dropping this job in my lap!
I could very well attribute it to my hard work (or the lack of it), or whatever favorable circumstances have come my way...but only I know that to Whom, ALL CREDIT belongs to.
Sometimes I struggle with wanting to be politically correct, not wanting to offend some. and so I am often selective with what I choose to write about. But at times like these, I find the choice is simple. Just tell it as it is. Speak the truth.
The only reason I am where I am today is all because I have a God who is Bigger than my circumstances, Bigger than my personal capabilities and Bigger than any human. There is no logical explanation for so many things. People often have a particular perception about me and often attribute it to "good genes", etc. If ever I have any good genes, I know from Whom I inherited them all from.
From my Heavenly Father, who has failed me not even once and will never cease to amaze me.
Even though the path ahead seems a little bleak...it's a nice sorta bleak. It's where you know you can't really see ahead because of the fog that surrounds you...but you know that you can sit back and relax because Someone else is steering the wheel.
By the way, I have yet to submit my thesis. That in itself is another story of grace and I shall call it a miracle!
Nevertheless, it has been such a thrilling adventure! I have learnt to savour both the bitter and the sweet moments. I have learnt to walk in the midst of solitude and silence. I have learnt to just throw my hands in the air and just laugh. It really is as simple as that.
When you start living for the Master, life seems so much less complicated. It sure is easier than serving ten other masters.
'Tis is a time of celebration of past sorrows, present silence and future joys.
So I won't apologize for sounding spiritual. And neither will I feel self-conscious about it. Because this is worth talking about. I've realized more than ever that my life is really all about Him. You can chase all your dreams with all your heart. But if you don't even know where your heart is in the first place, you won't really get anywhere. At least, I know and I choose to Whom I have pledged my allegiance.
There is no other.
It is literally Him, or nothing at all.
My dear Jesus, there is no other.

Post a Comment