A Choice

Two roads diverged in a wood and I -
I took the one less traveled by,
and that has made all the difference.
-Robert Frost-
If anything, I finally understood the meaning of this poem, which I've been acquainted with since my primary school days but never really got to the depth of its meaning, only until recently.
You know what I love about God? He can speak to me in the most unexpected of situations and at the most seemingly odd moments. But there is nothing mistakable about it when He speaks - your heart echoes His sentiments. The battle is then left between the heart and the mind. And finally, the mind and the will.
I asked God today why was it that He is requiring me to do it His way. I questioned why couldn't I just do it "like everybody else". Sound familiar? The child in me whines from time to time about issues that I struggle with. I mean, what is the big deal, Lord? It doesn't seem wrong at all. Then, why is it that I just have to do it Your way in Your time? It's mighty difficult!
Complain. Complain. Complain.
Wrestle. Wrestle. Wrestle.
Finally, my body gave up and gave in to the Master.
Soon, my mind and my will followed suit.
I guess, it won't be easy to take the road less travelled. Why? Fewer companions, quieter journeys, seemingly lonelier seasons, darker nights, etc. But I'd say that if that's the path He's asking me to take, then there would surely be a great reward awaiting me at the end of the road. That is one thing I am certain of, that I can look forward to a journey that would hold nothing but surprises for me. I would like to think that after awhile, the dark wouldn't seem so dark anymore because you would have gotten used to it. The quiet journey would probably amplify further appreciation for the chirping of birds and the sound of the swift wind. I figured, maybe it is not so unbearable after all. Yet, I hesitate.
Yours vs. mine?
After many days of deliberation, wrestling, fighting, crying, debating, persuading, confronting and pondering...I finally resolved it.
Alright.
I will take the road less traveled...if that's what You want me to.

i love that phrase (is that what its called) by Frost. Brings such meaning into life and makes every thing seem wonderful!
Posted by
Astrorat |
11:38 PM
very nice! i can't agree more. :)
Posted by
Kristy Tan |
12:49 AM
yeah learnt it in form4
Posted by
Anonymous |
12:56 PM
You know HE'll never put you on any path without preparing you for it and more importantly walking WITH you through it, right? =) i echo ur sentiments abt it being hard to do things His way so i hv to just keep reminding myself bout the reward that lies ahead...yeah, and i like that poem too
Posted by
Anonymous |
9:50 PM
thanks, navee. appreciate the sharing. and yes, i'm sure He'll be walking right beside me. that's why it doesn't feel so bad after all...but you know us la, humans...always wanting the human touch.
ruth: sorry lor, i not so well-educated as u. =P
kristy: hey hey! long time no see...great to have you popping by.
raam: fuuh! the genius actually paid me a visit! =) yah...life is still so beautiful, isn't it? even when we take the road less traveled...
Posted by
Serena |
11:37 PM
nah wei study in skewl one leh!!it is complusary in english !!
Posted by
Anonymous |
10:22 AM
it's so compulsory until your english very "powderful". hahah....
Posted by
Serena |
7:59 PM
hahaha ....
laugh la haihz %*&(%!(*#%$*&
i think it was some typing error la haihz ..
yeah my english is powderful but as powerful as urs Serena In hahaha =P
Posted by
Anonymous |
10:10 AM
what happened to chatbox??sob sob..no fun
Posted by
Jo |
6:47 PM
joey: it was done on purpose so that i can easily reply comments here first. when i've got more time i'll hook back up the chatbox. =P
ruth: thank u very much! kekeke...
Posted by
Serena |
7:51 AM
haiz ... no comments =P
lolx ... neway Blessed Easter .
Posted by
Anonymous |
12:34 PM
Post a Comment