« Home | The only TEST that matters... » | Best April's Fool » | Nothing like popsicle on a hot day! =) » | Birthday Boy » | Advertorial » | I love the rain » | Anger management » | I can't wait » | Ready, get set, go! » | My Love... »

How virtuous can you be?

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE.
I've heard that phrase a zillion times. I almost always scorn at the mention of it because most of the time, the person who utters this phrase is not in my shoes.
'So stop telling me to be patient because it ain't as easy as it sounds!' my heart is tempted to scream back.
But I realize that the people who tell me this only bother to do so because they are more than confident that I can and will be patient, through the ups and downs of life. And so, taking it from them, I shall be patient. At least, I will try.
I've often been told that the process of waiting for something is always more important than the end result. I sometimes find that so hard to believe. But then again, most things in life didn't become what they eventually became, overnight.
That beautiful rose took a while to blossom and long before that, was a mere seed in the ground.
As much as this stubborn heart is so unwilling to concede defeat, I think I have to come to a place where I really need to say, "OK. Have it your way." And technically, it wouldn't be defeat because then, I would have actually won the battle. And that's what really matters.
I can only wait for the day when I can look back at this season in my life and LAUGH to my heart's content at how 'silly' I am being today.
I can't wait to laugh at myself.
I really can't. =)

About me

  • I'm Serena
  • From Malaysia
  • Currently Reading The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer, The World is Flat by Thomas Friedman, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
My profile

Links