The only TEST that matters...

...is the test of your character.
Or so, I was told today.
Temptation has never stared me right smack in the face like this before. It is actually quite exciting to have to get out the sword and don the breastplate so that I can shield myself from the darts that have attacked me left, right and center.
I think now I can somewhat relate to Abraham when God asked Him to sacrifice Isaac, his only son.
I think now I can even imagine why God allowed Job to endure such seemingly endless suffering and agony.
I can't comprehend many things. Or why some things turn out the way they do.
I can't make sense of almost everything. And yet, in spite of all these, a silent strength seems to have birthed from within.
Because He knew.
Because He would always be there, throughout the entire process, throughout the pain and suffering. I had forgotten that He wants to carry me through, not just dump me and leave me to walk alone, while He waits for me at the end of the road. He is already holding my hand. In my anxiousness to look at the finishing line, I had simply forgotten.
It is then, I realize that this test is not fail-able. Because He wouldn't allow me to fail. Unless, of course, I let go of the one Hand that supports my back as well as the other Hand that is leading the way.
I can't do it without Your help.
I finally realize it.
You already knew.
You are already waiting.
And You are definitely here to stay.
You had better! =)

u see the light!!! soldier on SISTER! right beside u! :)
Posted by
Anonymous |
4:22 PM
yes, i do now, sheen. Thanks to great friends and comrades like you who aren't afraid to remind me of the TRUTH at all times. i sure could use some 'back-up', dear. =)
Posted by
Serena |
5:02 AM
Post a Comment