« Home | Happy Papa's Day » | Wedding Bells A' Ringing » | Choo's 21st » | Restless Bits » | Super Lazy » | The Nice Kind of Smell » | Ole Ole Ole Ole! » | In the mood for doughnuts » | Crushes » | Fond of Fondue »

Book Check

Ever since my lecturer told us to seriously "start reading", I have been seizing every opportunity I can get to lay my eyes on printed sheets of paper. It doesn't really matter what kind, so long as they get my eyes and brain busy. Although, I have a feeling she meant that we should be reading our Philosophy and Critical Thinking textbooks first. Haha.

Actually, looking back at May and now June, I am quite proud of myself for finally rekindling with an old flame - reading. I shall dare say that I am a faithful and a passionate lover. Heheh.

So, what have my eyes been up to for the past 2 months?


Category A: Finished Reading
  1. Superchicks on the Loose
  2. She's Come Undone
  3. The Kitchen God's Wife
  4. The Atonement Child
  5. The Forget-Me-Not Sonata
  6. The Story Jar
  7. A Wise Woman Once Said
  8. Finishing Strong
  9. Kiss The Girls
  10. Digital Fortress

Category B: Halfway through (not sure if gonna finish anytime soon for various reasons stated below):

  1. Disordered Minds (a bit the confusing. jumping between the past and the present without clear distinctions. maybe it's just me.)
  2. Smila's Sense of Snow (quite slow moving. nearly moved me to tears of boredom. don't ask me why i even bought it. got it from a secondhand bookstore. maybe the previous owner felt the same way.)
  3. Mindgame (written by a Malaysian so me being patriotic, decided to support her. but again, quite the confusing. i need the 'right mood' to get started again. if i do.)
  4. The Elephant Man (this looks really promising. but not really in the mood for an emotionally intense book at this point in time.)
  5. Choices (thin book. wanted to finish in one sitting. but i got mentally drained halfway. it's gonna take me a lot of effort to get started on a heavy book, especially in the middle of the sem. )

Category C: About To Read

  1. The Rescue by Nicholas Sparks
  2. The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis
  3. Screwtape Proposes A Toast by C.S. Lewis

In case you were wondering, my books are either bought from a secondhand bookstore/flea market/warehouse sale, or borrowed from my cousin, friends and the good ol' church library.

Call me whatever you want. I love reading. Period.

About me

  • I'm Serena
  • From Malaysia
  • Currently Reading The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer, The World is Flat by Thomas Friedman, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
My profile

Links