« Home | IN position » | Book Check » | Happy Papa's Day » | Wedding Bells A' Ringing » | Choo's 21st » | Restless Bits » | Super Lazy » | The Nice Kind of Smell » | Ole Ole Ole Ole! » | In the mood for doughnuts »

How To Become The 'Perfect' Lover


I was browsing through blogs and I came across a few people who got tagged to list their top 8 criteria in what they looked for in The Perfect Lover.

I decided to come up with a slightly different list. Why? 'Coz Best Lover I can attempt to be. But finding the perfect lover? I don't think it's possible because there is no such person.

So, in no particular order of importance:

1. I must be the one who loves God with all my heart first.
Whether he does or not, that's his responsibility, not mine. Coz I figured that if he didn't really, I wouldn't have married him in the first place.

2. Love him even on smelly days.
'Coz if I can love him then, I think I'll be able to love him even when he has no more hair left, has the biggest belly on earth, and snores earthquakes every night.

3. Find special ways to communicate with him.
If words won't do, maybe dancing will. I don't know. When all else fails, just love him anyway la. How, is where it gets interesting. *wink*

4. Cook him extra delicious meals "just because".
This is surely the way to get something I want. =)

5. Try not to be a nagger. Ever.
I guess this is one trait that I wouldn't like to pick up from most wives/mothers/girlfriends. I realized the importance of this when my friend recently sang praises of his girlfriend, saying how he really appreciates the fact that she isn't the nagging kind. Come to think of it: if I were a guy, I wouldn't want a naggy other half either. So there.

6. Look my best for him at all times.
And for myself too, of course. I don't understand why some women bother to look so good for the rest of the world, but not for their significant other. If it makes him happy, then I'll be happy too. And a happy partner would make him happier in return. It's neverending happiness! Hehe.

7. Avoid getting into an argument regarding his mother.
The last thing on earth I want to do is to become a second mother to my lover. Or to involve "another woman" in our relationship, for that matter.

8. Be his Number One Fan.
See, I figured that if this guy was a keeper and the person I chose to marry eventually, I should be his absolute no.1 fan. I would definitely adore him the most of all, at all times. I should be worried if it was someone else and vice-versa.


So there. Call me idealistic. But these are few of the million things I hope to do for HIM. And perhaps, in return, I would have found Perfect Love. *blissful sigh*

serena you are the one for me. marry me.

yeah serena, marry me =P haha! but seriously, i always tot u'd make a gr8 catch. now, if only THAT SOMEONE is a blog reader...oh, and i totally agree with you on the english accent bit!

haha. i know that i do long to say "I DO" one day. but definitely, it won't be to the TWO of you. haha. thanks for the vote of confidence though.

and yes, that's why i'l always be slightly biased towards the Brits! hehehe....so endearing! =)

how sweet.

no worries ... you're not idealistic

cos when you are truly in love with someone, you will automatically follow your list

and in return, the guy should really know how to appreciate you in his own ways

love isn't an emotion.
love is a choice

;-)

5. Try not to be a nagger. Ever.

I died laughing when i read that. And like Gandalf, my spirit returned to my body to settle unfinished business.

7. Avoid getting in an argument regarding his mother.

More his job really...

that's all i have to say. Still alive... i guess commenting on this is NOT my final business.

wow serena you are so deep.

My list just reads:

rich, rich and richer!

ha ha!!:)

but seriously..I loved point no.1 about u loving God first. Was just reading a book the other day about how spiritual compatibility involves both parties not having to worry about or take responsibility for the other person's spiritual growth. ITs ok to challenge each other to grow in God but once you start carrying the other person's weight then you are carrying more than you should!pretty interesting...

I think no. 1 & no.2 are spot on. I like what 'sheenb' said about not having to worry about the other person's spiritual growth. Very true.

No. 2: Exactly! 'Sides, a lil mess spices things up every now and then. ;)

ps: *ahem*, I still comment despite not being mentioned, ya know.;pI'm just terrible at commenting...ask choo. she'll tell you.

wink, *christoph

HAha...totally agree with the Smelly days and absolute no.1 fan of his... :)

The pic you posted is absolutely ADORABLE!

sheenb:i always knew you were superficial. :P
serena:ideals are good..partnership is better.

*lets out a big sigh*....... :)
To find the perfect lover....it's all a matter of perspective.....in a way la.... ;)
Love the picture of the old affectionate couple......

Oh and your blog's brand new outlook too!! ;)

oh this is really good :)

HAH! tough luck. i didn't know whether to laugh or cry at no. 5,6 and 7! haahahahahahha! (decided to laugh). puh-leese. at some point or other, you're gonna nag him. whether you realize it or not.
no. 6 is kinda tough.... depends whether both of u have the same ideas of what looks good. like how putting on eyeliner may look horrendous to him compared to your "natural" look. so, hope for the best, cinderella.
and no. 7, HAH! if his mom plays an important role in his life, and you have differing views. TOUGH!
so let me laugh again. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHA

WOW. this is a lot! i don't even know where to start! haha...

OY: thanks! and haha...i was digging my own grave when i said that i was glad you "just said hi" the other day, right? lesson learnt. hah.


Shungz: hey hey, coffee buddy! thx for ur encouragement (which by the way, is so hard to get from ppl these days...ppl take it for granted that you're doing ok...oh well).


Ephez: Haha...i knew it was ridiculous in the sense that it would be nearly impossible right? but it's all abt what ppl define as 'nagging' in the 1st place right? and abt the mother bit..it all depends la on how's his rship with her. the "mummy's boy" type may be a different ballgame altogether.


Sheen: haha...that's coz you can find rich guys. somehow in my world so far, the really good ones aren't very rich (in monetary sense) but are really rich in spirit and heart. so it's a trade-off? oh well..
wow serena you are so deep. Oh, and interesting note abt the spiritual compatibility one. I totally concur!


Christoph: well, so am i perfect lover, eh? *wink wink* hahahaha... *suddenly shudders in disgust* haha.


Miki: hey hey! looks like i found another hygienic friend! kekeke.... and yes, i loved that pic of the old couple too. so loving, even though their past their 'prime'. =)


Anony #1: sounds like you, sook? =P


Choo: thanks! must hv lunch date in college la, one day. maybe a Weds when we're all free? =)


keshia: thanks, gal. hmm...we're in the same class but every time i wanna chat after class, you'd disappear already. =P


Anony #2: 1stly, you sound like a guy friend i know from college. Why can't u simply identify yourself? and yes, perhaps it'll be "tough luck". But i believe it's an attainable goal. Maybe not to perfection, but to excellence. there is a difference. and i'd be more than contented with the latter.

wow.. Serena's available!!! haha..

nice post, wonder what you expect from the fat, ugly guy you gona marry? (of course he is hot and handsome now)

:)Astrorat

haha...The Great Raam has popped by! how can i deserve this honour? =P

i expect him to love me just as I am, complicated and all. someone who truly appreciates every l'il thing about me. more importantly, someone who can put me in my place and LEAD me. ah, that i need. =)

anony #2: the more i read your writing style, the more i begin to think that you're a skeptic. hmm... btw, abt the eyeliner thing being an e.g., let me say that of coz 'looking good' depends on what both of our definitions are of 'good' and at the end of the day, come to a compromise la! aren't relationships always abt the process of changing and adapting to each other?

i'm not a skeptic. i'm just a realist. and yeah, of course the relationship has to be abt compromise. can't run from that. but not being a nagger. ever? c'mon. looking my best for him at ALL TIMES? again, get real.
yeah, you ARE an idealist.
i believe in love. but even you can admit that no love is perfect except the love of God.
so like i said, good luck, cinderella. if it works out for you, great. if it doesn't, i won't be surprised.
i believe in great love, and grand passions. but your head sure is very high up in the clouds.
better watch out, coz the fall (and you WILL fall), will hurt even more.
not cursing you. it's just a fact. you gotta deal with reality. maybe you've forgotten what it's like to be in a relationship, if you were ever in one.
all the best to you in your future relationships.
and obviously i chose to be anonymous coz i wanna protect my identity. one of the downsides of blogspot? hehe. bet it's eating you inside.
don't worry abt it, i know. you'll just try to convince yourself you don't care, and you're not gonna let it bother you.
so don't.

Hello there Anon #2 =) ,
And so it's better to set the bar as low as possible, so that there'll be no disappointments (or 'fall from the clouds')? I'm sure your partner/future partner would be most appreciative of all the "hard work" you put / are gonna put into the relationship.

I think it's highly "idealistic" to make a list of all the perfections Desired in a partner, but when someone states what he/she would Like Themselves to be, that's Not "Idealism" but rather an attempt to be the best that they can be. And tell me, what's so wrong with that?

Btw, I do apologize for the "personal attack".

Oh no, wait, does it actually count as a 'personal attack' if there is no "Identity" behind the comment?

Hmm.

*christoph

all i'm saying is don't have unrealistic expectations. =)
being totally unambitious would make u worse than a road sweeper.
even drug addicts hopes have expectations. when to get their nxt fix.
but hey, what do i know, right?
you guys seem to be the expert in relationships. so like i said, good luck to you, serena.
and no, i won't take it as any kind of attack. trust me. you're not worth it, christoph.

hey anonymous 2, i'm anonymous 1. :)

i think that serena's idealism works well for her unless she's fixated on that ideal and when she enters into the relationship, she is unable to be with her partner without constantly comparing her partner to her ideals.

i say partnership is better..because i really do care what serena does. so i'm not sure why you are saying what you are saying as at the end of your post, you seem to say "i don't care what you do"? are you posting to warn serena against unrealistic expectations? or to mock her? or to laugh at her?
your intentions do matter - and if it is the first, talk to her personally. if your intention is less honourable, then, silence is always better.

Dearest dearest Serena.

I loved and am in total agreement with your post. I never put into writing the traits I'd love in a boyfriend/future spouse. But the great thing about Jesus was that He made me and knew exactly to the slightest detail on what I'd love, need, and want in a spouse... things that even I didn't realise at that point. The greater thing is that, He took note of me and all of my needs, and created one just for me. One that fitted so perfectly down to the slightest detail, all because Jesus loved me and wanted only the best for me. Sure Justin and I have our rough moments, but I thank God for every quirk of Justin's and mine. God saw those quirks far before we were presented to each other and He allowed them all for the benefit of us both and for those who He would touch through us. He opened my eyes to see that such 'imperfections' as man call them were nothing but blessings - like sandpaper to unpolished wood.
I waited, I prayed, I cried out to God and trusted Him for the perfect one to arrive (perfection not in the sense of a flawless boyfriend, but one that was made just for me, one that complements me as well as I complement him) and God proved faithful again. There isn't a day that goes by where I don't thank God for this relationship. I thank God in every argument, every agreement, and every ounce of joy.

But the state of the world today is just... saddening. We've been reduced into thinking and actually believing that nothing good could come out of life, and it is normal to settle for second best or even the least of all. What happened to dreams? What happened to living life significantly? What happened to waiting for the right one? What happened to striving to remain sexually pure until marriage? What happened to dreaming big and achieving greater? God created us with in built potential that can only be unleashed to it's full potential with the very help of God.

From a heart that has seen God's magnificent work over and over again, I say "Serena, you go girl!!" Strive to live in excellence, for you were made for a life more significant than your wildest dream.

P/s be sure to introduce me to him when you get him k?

*hugs* lots of love,
sher =]

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Serena
  • From Malaysia
  • Currently Reading The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer, The World is Flat by Thomas Friedman, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
My profile

Links