A walk in the clouds?
I like it when people disagree with what I write. It shows that they bothered to either give their true opinion, or they were courageous enough to "correct" or perhaps, "offend" me. Thank you for your lovely feedback, people. It encourages me to see people respond to what I put in black and white.
But I find it difficult to understand why people choose to be anonymous because I always feel that if you dare to say something, then be bold to show your face. What's to be afraid? Protecting your identity? But then again, that's just how I feel, isn't it? So, some people are probably gonna say, "Who cares?" Besides, doesn't what you say hold more weight if I know who you are and where you're coming from? After all, most people in history who have uttered bold words usually revealed their names. Oh well...it's your choice, then, and I choose to respect that.
Before that, a relevant read about dying before your time. Now, that's one person who knows what she's talking about.
And so,
An idealist I've been called, only too many times.
I wonder if there really is a problem with being idealistic. I don't know...but a long time ago I did tell God that if there's anything that changes in me as I grow throughout the years, let the only thing that doesn't change be that ability to dream. To be passionate. To be idealistic when I need to be. After all, isn't faith all about believing in something that you don't see? Believing in something that seems incredulously impossible?
Some people call it blind faith. I call it faith in a Big God.
When I grow old and grey, I don't ever want to lose that side of me that's as trusting as a child. Sometimes, I prefer to learn from these dear young ones. As loving as though I didn't know what was hatred. As persevering as though I didn't know the meaning of defeat. As hard as a rock to withstand the torrents of life, yet as soft as clay to be moulded into the Image that is to be revealed just yet.
That's not to say that I don't believe in being practical. Neither do I not believe in being realistic. But you see, a long time ago, I came to realize for myself that when it comes to having faith in God, it takes more than merely believing in "reality". It demands of us a supernatural belief in the seemingly illogical. "Come on, we live in a logical world!" But perhaps, things appear not to make sense because our human minds, in their finite capacity, comprehend not? In fact, many philosophers concur that faith itself doesn't make sense.
And that's why, I'll take my walk in the clouds when I can. However, more importantly, I choose to believe in a God who not just holds my hand but takes me on wings that propel me to soar like eagles, above the clouds, in the majestic skies above our "realistic" world.
Oh, and should I fall? The Greatest Hands would only be there to catch me. And carry me, they will.
Been there. Done it. Tested. I'm confident of it.
Signing off,
His Baby
His Princess
But I find it difficult to understand why people choose to be anonymous because I always feel that if you dare to say something, then be bold to show your face. What's to be afraid? Protecting your identity? But then again, that's just how I feel, isn't it? So, some people are probably gonna say, "Who cares?" Besides, doesn't what you say hold more weight if I know who you are and where you're coming from? After all, most people in history who have uttered bold words usually revealed their names. Oh well...it's your choice, then, and I choose to respect that.
Before that, a relevant read about dying before your time. Now, that's one person who knows what she's talking about.
And so,
An idealist I've been called, only too many times.
I wonder if there really is a problem with being idealistic. I don't know...but a long time ago I did tell God that if there's anything that changes in me as I grow throughout the years, let the only thing that doesn't change be that ability to dream. To be passionate. To be idealistic when I need to be. After all, isn't faith all about believing in something that you don't see? Believing in something that seems incredulously impossible?
Some people call it blind faith. I call it faith in a Big God.
When I grow old and grey, I don't ever want to lose that side of me that's as trusting as a child. Sometimes, I prefer to learn from these dear young ones. As loving as though I didn't know what was hatred. As persevering as though I didn't know the meaning of defeat. As hard as a rock to withstand the torrents of life, yet as soft as clay to be moulded into the Image that is to be revealed just yet.
That's not to say that I don't believe in being practical. Neither do I not believe in being realistic. But you see, a long time ago, I came to realize for myself that when it comes to having faith in God, it takes more than merely believing in "reality". It demands of us a supernatural belief in the seemingly illogical. "Come on, we live in a logical world!" But perhaps, things appear not to make sense because our human minds, in their finite capacity, comprehend not? In fact, many philosophers concur that faith itself doesn't make sense.
And that's why, I'll take my walk in the clouds when I can. However, more importantly, I choose to believe in a God who not just holds my hand but takes me on wings that propel me to soar like eagles, above the clouds, in the majestic skies above our "realistic" world.
Oh, and should I fall? The Greatest Hands would only be there to catch me. And carry me, they will.
Been there. Done it. Tested. I'm confident of it.
Signing off,
His Baby
His Princess

Faith is often mistaken for idealism simply because we've become too damn cynical. It's so much easier to sit around on our rear ends scoffing at the dreams of others, then mustering the courage to dream for ourselves.
I don't think you are 'walking in the clouds', because that implies being blinded a little. I think your path is rooted in the deep belief that you can do really anything you want, and even if you fall on your ass, it doesn't matter, cause you have the ability to jump right back into it.
And that last bit ('jumping back into it')is important too. We spend too much time glorifying success and not enough time trying to learn from failure.
From the-one-who-has-failed-many-times (but who is still very much in the game),
*christoph
Posted by
Anonymous |
1:47 AM
serena - you always know when it's me anyway. hah.
Posted by
Anonymous |
2:32 PM
serena
what a lovely post!
pheebs
Posted by
Anonymous |
10:37 PM
Post a Comment